Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS, used , bracket and a protective cage. The Transmission support bracket came off a model 101 1600cc Giulia , ... $225.00 plus shipping. The protective cage is used to contain the flexible rubber joint between the transmission yoke and the short drive shaft yoke, used one of my track car . No issues, and still using the existing Factory size shoulder bolts & nuts to assemble. ( While racing I always had a new flexible joint in my spares, this cage gave a driver extra time and safety if the flexible joint came apart while on the track, which was known to happen.) ....$50.00 plus shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello,
the protective cage are still available?
Thanks.

Sergio

·
Registered
54 Posts
No, I’ve only the original drawing for rebuilt, but if you have I’m interested 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
What correct bolts? Working at the Alfa dealer in the parts department back in the day there was a special number (10516....) for the bolts but the only difference was that they were drilled (hollow) for lightness. You could use a standard bolt or drill them to mimic the 10516 bolts.

-John

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello John,
I am currently run Aluminum and a Kevlar protector cage in two track Alfas, a 750 and a 101 , I use the Factory bolts, keep in mind that only 3 bolts a side would go thru that side of the cage. And the steel one that I am offering is strong enough but not an over kill thick gage steel. Brion

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for your answers.
I am looking for the original protection cages as per the drawing that I attach (redone in aluminum I already have them) and for the specific bolts (as per the attached drawing). If all this were available, I am interested in purchasing. Thank you all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Hello, do you still have the support bracket available?

Dino

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
OK, I would be interested. Can you please PM me? I would do it but I don't know how on this site. Thanks

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure, Hit the Green Box with the A in upper right corner, "start a conversation" only shows up there, not in your emails like the Post does.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts