Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
- 25 days to wait. I have 28 Duettos and 1750 GTVs in my group Orsi Scandinavi plus loads of friends from the Duettoclub Italia. Of course, there will be US alfisti too in my group. I've arranged a Spider for them for the entire race. This was yesterdays test drive, my Duetto 1967 and Niclas' 1968 run as smooth as ever. Less talk, more Duetto. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Wille,

I am American but live in Rome - how can one get involved? I have a perfect 88 quad here in Italy with me (and an 84 veloce in the US). Can anyone with a duetto join the rally?

And if not, where would be a good place to go to watch the race?

Best,

Robert

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
HI Willie, are Giulia Supers allowed to tag along if we stay well back ;). But I do have a roundtail, it's just back home . . . We'll be up that way and hope to say Hi. Staying in Bergamo (booked before we heard about your group of Alfisti) for a week and will make the MM, probably the 11th in the plaza. CU there! Bruce

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, I saw you saturday in Italy and have made also pictures from you guys.

Here some examples:

The rest of the photos of the MM are on my website

Greetz

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
Hi Willie, et al. I was very glad to have made your acquaintance, and that of much of your tour group, at Sarnico shortly after the MM. How cool that you got to be an official "chase" group to the MM. It sounded both fun and demanding with the late arrivals and early "get-ups", and some hard driving in between. What an experience. And to sneak on the podium a few times - priceless!!

Here is a link to a few of my "snaps" of the event and our meeting (starting about half-way down page 4 to page 6), and of the Bergamo-area Alfa Club touring later. As soon as I get my Duetto down off the rack, I'll adorn it with some of the tour regalia and take some pics - a distant soul brother!

Add: We continued our trip, after seeing you, to Venice, then over the Dolomites to Innsbruck, and then to Belgium. We did about 3500 miles this year with no fatal problems, just a nagging vibration, and after that 8000 last year wandering far and wide around "Y'urp", this seemed tame. We are getting ready to drive the biancospino 65 Super on a 2 week tour to the US National Alfa Convention in Kentucky.

See you on the road sometime, somewhere!! You are one wandering Scandahouvian!!! A modern day Viking in your "not so long-boat tail". ;)

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/aroc-thc-alfa-romeo-owners-club-texas-hill-country/178333-wheres-benjamin-4.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Bruce. We have just returned from italy. No problems at all after five weeks in the Duetto and more than 4322 miles. Now I will be changing the oil and in two weeks we will be driving to Holland for the 20-year jubile of Alfa Romeo Spider Register - Welkom op onze Website It was very pleasant to meet you and your wife in real life.

In the meantime, here we go. The 1000 Miglia and the Orsi Scandinavi. More to come.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Part four. The Mille Miglia adventure. Friady 13th, second day from Bologna to Rome. This episode covers the morning roads from Bologna to south of San Marino until lunch time.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Today the dates for 2012 became official. The 1000 Miglia will take place on May 17 - 20. :) An awesome event, I will be driving the third time together with my group, incl a number of US Alfisti. The countdown has started, 300 days to go.

The official site is www.1000miglia.eu

Less talk, more Duetto! :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts