Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a recent member to the site and am trying to purchase 3 Alfas from one of your members via the classified section but your 10 post minimum requirement before PM-ing or putting my email in a post is making it very difficult. This is a disservice to your member who is trying to sell his cars, and a disservice to me as a new member trying to buy his cars. I am not a dealer, these would be a personal private purchase. Please enable my PM and email address abilities. Otherwise, I'll have to make eight additional senseless posts.

·
Administrator
16,482 Posts
Don't make 8 nonsense posts - that could get you banned. Let me check - I think there is a way to get you permission to send PM's.

And, sorry about that rule. We get a lot of spam posts - it is simply a way to slow them down (so we can ban them).

·
Out of the office!
11,299 Posts
I am a recent member to the site and am trying to purchase 3 Alfas from one of your members via the classified section but your 10 post minimum requirement before PM-ing or putting my email in a post is making it very difficult. This is a disservice to your member who is trying to sell his cars, and a disservice to me as a new member trying to buy his cars. I am not a dealer, these would be a personal private purchase. Please enable my PM and email address abilities. Otherwise, I'll have to make eight additional senseless posts.
Welcome, John. The 10 post rule is not a disservice it is a way of slowing down spammers. In the past we were inundated with spammers. The ten post rule plus the amount of time one needs to wait between posts has had a significant impact on the amount of spam posts.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one"

I have changed your post count to be ten. So, you now may post and PM away. Best of luck with the purchase.

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
In some cases if members contact a moderator with a request, it is possible for that moderator to forward PM's. However, this is for those that wish to remain BB members, not just post one message.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts