Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen twin spark and Milano engines in '68 - '74 GTV's and Spiders but has anybody tried a 1.8 turbo Alfa engine?

I am soon to start restoring a '69 GTV and would like to get 200 to 250 street drivable horses under the hood. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
880 Posts
There is a guy with a alfa shop in La Habra, CA that can install milano engines in spyders, and gtv's (i don't know if he installed one with a turbo)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info John. I know the guy in La Habra, nice guy. He showed me the Spider with the Milano engine, very nice but only 155 horse power, does not have a kit for the GTV and cost over $8k.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
it should not be hard at all installing the 1.8 into the gtv. only thing that is gonna be a pain the in the butt is seting up the exhaust system in the engine compartment and making sure there is room for everything including hood clearance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any idea on the horsepower produced by the 1.8 turbo and how much I can get out of it (mods) while still keeping it steet friendly?

·
Registered
125 Posts
italcarguy said:
it should not be hard at all installing the 1.8 into the gtv. only thing that is gonna be a pain the in the butt is seting up the exhaust system in the engine compartment and making sure there is room for everything including hood clearance.
The real main thing thats going to be the problem is making up a Downpipe. Everything after that should be fairly straight forward. Another somewhat of an Issue is putting the Intercooler in a good spot for good airflow, and routing I/C piping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts