Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Alfa BB!

Selling my ‘87 Spider Quad with original hardtop purchased on wheeler dealers. I’m in Los Angeles, CA 90065. 68k miles and clean title.

On the show, it got a rebuilt prop shaft and rear differential. Also replaced the AC unit and got new window motors, new vinyl soft top, red wrinkle painted valve cover, new catalytic converter and exhaust.

Since the episode, I’ve spent about $2,000 on random maintenance and upgrades installed by John’s Alf Romance in Culver City: Oil and filter change, air filter, ngk spark plugs, oil grill, speedometer cable, exhaust heat shield, engine/transmission mounts, interior steam clean, upgraded stereo, oil cap gasket, clutch master and slave cylinders.

The car passes CA smog no problem.

The car is a enjoy to drive but it needs some more help. I’m totally meticulous and I would do these things eventually if I continued to own this car. I would change/replace the following: front crank seal, head gasket, pinion seal, fuel filter (which I have), fuel hoses, and struts.

The cars cylinder compression are as test recently:
1-146, 2-146, 3-144, 4-140

I would love to keep the car and make it better but I need to liquidate my assets to expand my family.

Price $12750. Clean title in hand.

Please text/call me for quick response. I can also send a link to a photo album of more pictures and vin report.
818-434-6275 -Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I can't stand it

I would get a new mechanic. Never heard of the design flaw.
"The design"?
The design of what, the mechanic's malformed brain? Oh please!
And don't throw any P/C at me, the guy can't speak the truth, whoever he was.

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
Looks to be a very nice, clean Alfa.

Best of luck on the sale.

Too bad you cannot keep it.

Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hello Alfa BB!

Selling my ‘87 Spider Quad with original hardtop purchased on wheeler dealers. I’m in Los Angeles, CA 90065. 68k miles and clean title.

On the show, it got a rebuilt prop shaft and rear differential. Also replaced the AC unit and got new window motors, new vinyl soft top, red wrinkle painted valve cover, new catalytic converter and exhaust.

Since the episode, I’ve spent about $2,000 on random maintenance and upgrades installed by John’s Alf Romance in Culver City: Oil and filter change, air filter, ngk spark plugs, oil grill, speedometer cable, exhaust heat shield, engine/transmission mounts, interior steam clean, upgraded stereo, oil cap gasket, clutch master and slave cylinders.

The car passes CA smog no problem.

The car is a enjoy to drive but it needs some more help. I’m totally meticulous and I would do these things eventually if I continued to own this car. I would change/replace the following: front crank seal, head gasket, pinion seal, fuel filter (which I have), fuel hoses, and struts.

The cars cylinder compression are as test recently:
1-146, 2-146, 3-144, 4-140

I would love to keep the car and make it better but I need to liquidate my assets to expand my family.

Price $12750. Clean title in hand.

Please text/call me for quick response. I can also send a link to a photo album of more pictures and vin report.
818-434-6275 -Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is interesting. I watch wheeler dealers and have always wondered where they advertise their cars for sale? How did you find the car was for sale, and what was the process like?

Doug

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the wheel dealers ad on craigslist. It's a fun show but ... it's a show. They don't really care that much. I didn't get to test drive the car or anything. But the things the car needs are pretty standard for a car this old and a car this... italian.. lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
So the show is BS. I feel the way they portray their cars is that this should have needed very, very little.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I enjoy watching Wheeler Dealers because it's cool to see them fiddling with old cars, doing some maintenance and upgrades, and thinking "I could do that". But I've also noticed that they never bring the car up to top condition. All their cars seem to have just a few things wrong and, when addressed, they call it "restored". Well, no. A recent show had them babbling about what a great car they had, while you could clearly see behind their heads a ripped headliner patched with duct tape. A true restoration would cost three or four times what the car would sell for and would require multiple seasons rather than one show. But still, as yeungdynasty said, it's a show, and it inspires me to go out and do more with my car than I thought I could do. And, occasionally, more than I really can do!

·
Registered
348 Posts
The car is very shiny and bright looking. When you look at the underside drive train, the engine compartment and the interior looks more like the car has over 100K miles on it. I really like wheeler dealer because he features cars that I really like. As a car dealer Mike knows how far he has to go in the repairs to make the car road worthy and attractive to a buyer. As mentioned in SkipR post, to bring a mid 80s car back to mint condition, it would cost more then the car is worth. Most Alfa owners I have meet are not into it for the resale value. We spend what we can afford when we can afforded it. I would bet many of us spent more money on are Alfa Romeos spiders then the car is worth. Will at least the 80s spider models. As I have mentioned in many of my posts, I love my 1984 spider and drive it a lot in all four california season. Ok I know we only have one weather season (nice and sunny most of the time). I guess my point is med 80 cars are not worth very much, most under ten grand and if it gets wrecked you are not out of a ton of money. Have fun in you Alfa!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The car is very shiny and bright looking. When you look at the underside drive train, the engine compartment and the interior looks more like the car has over 100K miles on it. I really like wheeler dealer because he features cars that I really like. As a car dealer Mike knows how far he has to go in the repairs to make the car road worthy and attractive to a buyer. As mentioned in SkipR post, to bring a mid 80s car back to mint condition, it would cost more then the car is worth. Most Alfa owners I have meet are not into it for the resale value. We spend what we can afford when we can afforded it. I would bet many of us spent more money on are Alfa Romeos spiders then the car is worth. Will at least the 80s spider models. As I have mentioned in many of my posts, I love my 1984 spider and drive it a lot in all four california season. Ok I know we only have one weather season (nice and sunny most of the time). I guess my point is med 80 cars are not worth very much, most under ten grand and if it gets wrecked you are not out of a ton of money. Have fun in you Alfa!
nicely said. you're right. i'm a business man and i hate taking a loss on "investments". I have to come to realize but this alfa was more about the dollar per smiles while driving. :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts