Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have scoured the search engine for answers I seek, new thread seems in order.
Troubleshooting green style heater switch and two-speed blower motor has determined BOTH are faulty. I have a new switch in the car, and new blower motor in route. What is the correct behavior for the two small lights on either side of the green switch?

In my world right now, the left-hand bulb is part of the dash light group and dims with that subgroup. There is a black jumper on that switch that can jump to the other bulb, but no other loose wire to spark the other pole of that bulb.

1) is that second (right) bulb supposed to mimic the behavior of the left one? by adding a white jumper...
2) or is that second bulb supposed to parallel the fan being hot in either or both ON settings? By jumping off vacant pole on switch that does that.
3) other?

BTW, dug the fan motor out this AM, brushes appear rusted to a sad state. Can anyone provide some Italian swear words I can utilize when putting this back together? Car ignored my English ones today.

Thank you brain trust for any guidance,

Rob

·
Administrator
16,455 Posts
What is the correct behavior for the two small lights on either side of the green switch?
I think our '84 Spider has a dim bulb for low speed and a brighter bulb for not-as-slow speed.

Can anyone provide some Italian swear words I can utilize when putting this back together? Car ignored my English ones today.
I think the most important factor is proper hand motion. Words, by themselves, are insufficient.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Rob, my ‘82 doesnt have lights beside the green heater blower switch. Are you referring to the fan light in the Speedometer?
If you are speaking of inside the console (the rats nest), i have one light at the top of the heater selector plate, then the lights for the O2 sensors, hibeams, seat belts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coopp, you should have little bulbs in rectangular plastic fittings that slip into female rectangular slots on either side of the green switch. I only had one when I took the rats nest apart (but slot for second one was obvious), new switch arrived with both integral to the new switch. Left one jives with dash lights on dimmer, not sure of intended behavior of second one on passenger side of green switch. I do have one at cluster too that reflects (dims) slow vs. faster fan speed. I have extras now if you want them.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
as here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts