Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
I think 6 and 7 coming from above gas tank go in the top of valve and 1 and 2 to wheels go in the bottom. there are different size fittings on them. I will try to look under my 164 tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Here's a picture of my valve. If I had to guess, I'd say the the RR line connects to the top left since they both look like 10mm and the LR and bottom right lines connect because they are both 12mm tube nuts. I surmise the engineers did it that way to prevent incorrect hookups?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Is the wiring diagram correct?
Yes line #1 goes in bottom of valve goes to R/R brake and larger fitting #7 line across from it feeds #1 from front of car and #2 large fitting above #1 goes to L/R brake and #6 small fitting line above #7 feeds #2 from front of car.

So in summary #6 feeds #2 and #7 feeds #1.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
How about piping from the front? There seems to be length difference between the two pipes (other connector is a bit higher)... which is which?

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Don't know that answer been to long since I did total brake line replacement. but if every thing still hooked up just do one at a time.

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Is this a base models without ABS? If so there should be 4 lines coming off master cylinder. The rear two ports would go to one front brake on one side and one rear on other side and front two would be the other front and the other rear on opposite side. If ABS 164 only two lines from master go to ABS pump and four lines go off from ABS pump. I am 800 miles away from my shop manual so can't answer your question if car has ABS

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's L with ABS. Although this should be very simple to solve, the fact that the pipe from the ABS pump goes behind the engine makes it very difficult to follow and see where it goes.
emaps.jpeg

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
After Vokalchuk's diagram I am concerned I have rebuilt my rear brake lines incorrectly. I took it that the brake line from front to rear valve was the one for the right rear brake and vice versa. If this is not that case I need to rebuild my brake lines to the rear calipers.
I cut the original lines before they went above the fuel tank so couldn't see what line went to which sized connector.
All advice appreciated. Thanks in advance...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts