1985 Alfa Romeo GTV 6 2.5 Callaway Twin Turbo For Sale - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

1985 Alfa Romeo GTV 6 2.5 Callaway Twin Turbo For Sale

The Alfa Romeo GTV 6 2.5 Callaway Twin Turbo is one of 35 built through 1986. It is one of only 722 GTV 6s imported for 1985 and believed to be the fifth Callaway--features: a Maratona body kit, which includes the fender flares, rocker extensions and deep front air dam; rear wing; leather genuine Recaro seats; and a delightful hand-painted verde-bianco-rosso pinstripe that echoes the Italian flag.
Road & Track and Car and Driver ran road tests of the Callaway'd GTV 6 in August and October 1985, respectively, and both had great things to say. Csaba Csere, writing for Car and Driver, praised its 5.9-second 0-60 time and 140 MPH top speed, comparable to some of the quickest cars in the U.S.
This is a very clean and well maintained example that rarely comes up for sale.
Price upon request. E-mail [email protected] or call 412-737-5593 for more information and pictures
Attached Images

Last edited by Cargirl; 01-31-2019 at 03:36 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 08:53 PM

Looks like the car advertised privately here: https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...-callaway.html

Has outstanding issues referred in link been addressed? What is asking price?

87 Milano Verde - daily driver -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- SOLD
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- SOLD
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car - Running again after 3 year hibernation...
(Repeating what I suggest or do, is at your own risk - be critical)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

That is indeed the car. I am working with the son who lives in Australia to sell this car and a collection of other race cars. He did not know his dad posted this. The car did go through an engine rebuild and we are working to get those records now. Here is an article on the car from Hemmings:

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hs...o/3707161.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR4me View Post
Looks like the car advertised privately here: https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...-callaway.html

Has outstanding issues referred in link been addressed? What is asking price?
I think we are all interested in the outstanding issues on the car, work that was recently done and by who - and the asking price.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Fosters27 there is nothing nefarious going on here. The seller is 80 years old and his son, whose race car collection I am selling, did not know that his dad posted the car. He was also unaware of any engine issues. The son lives in Australia so I am off to Oklahoma to visit dad. In the meantime we will both delete our posts and when I have detailed information and new pictures we will post again. In the meantime should anyone want to e-mail me and let me know of their interest you will be the fist to receive the new info.

It pays to be on my radar. Just before the year ended I sold an Ac Bristol and an Arnolt-Bristol that were both living in a barn in Germany owned by an American expat for the last 40 years. They went to England and never went further then my wanted list. Not all of the cars that I represent make it to the newsletter or are advertised.

While we sort out this awesome car for this great gentleman enjoy the Hemmings article and the cars I've posted from my other clients.

Let's keep cars fun.

Kelly Dietrick
Attached Images

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 10:08 PM

I don't think anyone was suggesting anything nefarious but were simply curious about whether/how issues were addressed and what asking price is. I think you will do the community a disservice if you start delete threads holding relevant information, and _that_ could cause people to wonder why it needed to be deleted. As you said, there is nothing nefarious, so just leave it be. Can you pm me asking price and if/how outstanding issues have been addressed?

87 Milano Verde - daily driver -
- SOLD
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car -
- SOLD
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car - Running again after 3 year hibernation...
(Repeating what I suggest or do, is at your own risk - be critical)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

@AR4me -
Good point for not deleting the thread. I will visit the seller before Amelia in March and will update you as I get the car ready. This forum was a huge help in trying to suss out the engine in the other Alfa I'm selling. Trust that support will be there while we sort this one out.

Kelly Dietrick
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 03:59 PM

AR4me,
I did the most recent work on this beautiful car, and would be more than happy to discuss, pm me if you like.
It is a very good car, and is actually the last prototype, before production.
Cargirl, you may contact me as well.

The " Save the Rusty Alfa Society"
43 Alfas at the moment [ I think], I'll be able to tell better when the snow melts
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Will do HeavyMetalAlfa Thanks.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

New Pictures

The Callaway is just about to come out of the shop after a very thorough going through. In addition to how well it will drive it is also a great looking car. I have many new photos if anyone wants to contact me at [email protected]
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode