Question : Even out Spider front ride height by changing spring pan - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
fgc
Gold Subscriber

Question : Even out Spider front ride height by changing spring pan

Hi,

I know there is another ride height post but I didn't want to hijack that post.

My RHD 1750 sits higher on the right side than the left. The deeper spring pan is on the left side (passenger) and the shallower pan on the right side (driver).

My question I have a spare unused deeper pan, can i swap out the shallower spring pan with this deeper pan so that both sides have the same deep pans to even out the front ride height?

I like the look of the smaller wheel arch gap on the left side with the deeper pan. I hope to replicate that same gap on the right side. The existing larger wheel arch gap on the right side has always bugged me. Even on old original springs, i could not compress the right side enough with me (150lbs) in the driver seat to even out the ride height. It is even more impossible now that i have fitted new stiffer lower fast road springs kit to the car.

I will have the steering alignment checked and adjusted once the deeper pan is fitted.

Please let me know if you think this will affect the handling etc of the car. Any negatives to doing this?

Thanks
fgc

Oh I do not have spacers in there and will not want to fit any spacers as i want the lower smaller wheel arch gap look.

Last edited by fgc; 10-24-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 07:18 AM
Richard Jemison
Platinum Subscriber

Ride height

You can swap to a shallow pan to raise the drivers side, or simply use washers to space the pans downward to lower. You migh need longer bolts and either 10mm or 3/8" bolts will work if you need more lowering..

Richard Jemison
RJR Racing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"When you are dead you don`t know it.
Only those around you are distressed.
Same with stupid"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
fgc
Gold Subscriber

Thanks Richard. Sounds like its something that is commonly done to adjust ride height.

As I have a spare deep pan on hand, instead of using washers to lower the shallow pan to match the depth of the left side deep pan, I am using the spare deeper pan to match the left side deep pan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 08:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgc View Post
Hi,

I know there is another ride height post but I didn't want to hijack that post.

My RHD 1750 sits higher on the right side than the left. The deeper spring pan is on the left side (passenger) and the shallower pan on the right side (driver).

My question I have a spare unused deeper pan, can i swap out the shallower spring pan with this deeper pan so that both sides have the same deep pans to even out the front ride height?

I like the look of the smaller wheel arch gap on the left side with the deeper pan. I hope to replicate that same gap on the right side. The existing larger wheel arch gap on the right side has always bugged me. Even on old original springs, i could not compress the right side enough with me (150lbs) in the driver seat to even out the ride height. It is even more impossible now that i have fitted new stiffer lower fast road springs kit to the car.

I will have the steering alignment checked and adjusted once the deeper pan is fitted.

Please let me know if you think this will affect the handling etc of the car. Any negatives to doing this?

Thanks
fgc

Oh I do not have spacers in there and will not want to fit any spacers as i want the lower smaller wheel arch gap look.
Hey, just for fun, could you measure from the center of your wheel to fender lip on all 4 corners for me please?

It's Giuseppe's giubos, not Guido's guibos, on my 78 Spider and Sport Sedan
REFRESH CONNECTIONS BEFORE REPLACING COMPONENTS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode