What Kinda Wheels Does Your Alfa Have? - Page 10 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #136 of 886 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 01:11 PM
vbm

I have the "Turbina" wheels posted many times here, on my '74 Spider. But "Campanatura" (might not be spelled exaclty correct, going from memory) is stamped on the rim, not "Campagnolo." What does that mean? Were there multiple manufacturers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 886 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 01:59 PM
Supporting Vendor

Campanatura means offset, it is usually followed by a number which is the offset in mm.

There were similar "Turbina" style alloys made by both Campagnolo and Chromadora.

Joe
post #138 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 04:38 AM

Guys, I have just had my wheels, rolled and repainted. I have the original 1750 GTV standard wheels on my car, it looks like they are a mixture of two brands. CRS ( I think ) and something starting with F. Sorry to be so vague but It is dark and I can't go down to the car to check them at present. Was this another example of ALFA mixing bits and pieces from the parts bin ? Like carbies ?? Does anyone else have this situation ? Is it original ?

Also the car is running Bridgestones at present which are crap, I am switching to Yokahama 539s 195/14s soon as the compound is way softer for such a light car. When we stripped the wheels off I saw that I had inner tubes in the tyres. Now that the wheels are restored I will hopefully get away without them. Does anyone here currently use tubes and are they as big a drawback as I imagine. Even my MGA doesn't use inner tubes.

Later,

Phil

Phil
1961 MGA 1600 Roadster, British Racing Green
1966 Giulia Sprint GT ,Argento
1970 1750 GTV s2, Verde Olivo Metallica (AR213)
2005 Holden Rodeo LT Crew Cab, Fox Fire Red

{Oo==V==oO}

Previously owned
1983 Ford Laser KB, Beige
1985 Volvo 360 GLT Dark Mettalic Blue
1970 GT Junior stepnose Resprayed Red, Giallo Ochre
1923 Amilcar Sports, rusty
I may only own two ALFAs now, but the handle stays as I am always chasing another one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #139 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 05:24 AM
Trained (ex)Professional

1953-2018 RIP

Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Alfa used three suppliers for the 1750 steel wheels; CMR, Fergat & Firsat. Fergat also supplied the optional 5 1/2 J x 14 alloy wheels.

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)
post #140 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 08:45 PM

15x7 Panasports

I have these 15x7 Panasports on my 73. The front will be lowered an inch or so to help fill those wheel wells.
Randy Long
Attached Images

Last edited by Randy Long; 09-05-2004 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Improper info
post #141 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Supporting Vendor

Here are my new wheels for my new Verde: They are Technomagnesio TM Sports with 225/40-16 Toyo Proxes T1-S tires - a perfect fit, with little speedo error and zero rubbing.

Joe
Attached Images

post #142 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 01:44 AM

My GTA replica 14x6 rims from alfaholics....
Attached Images

post #143 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajam
Alfa used three suppliers for the 1750 steel wheels; CMR, Fergat & Firsat. Fergat also supplied the optional 5 1/2 J x 14 alloy wheels.
Thanks Papa J, so a mixture of CMR and Fergat is not necessarily unoriginal ?

Phil
1961 MGA 1600 Roadster, British Racing Green
1966 Giulia Sprint GT ,Argento
1970 1750 GTV s2, Verde Olivo Metallica (AR213)
2005 Holden Rodeo LT Crew Cab, Fox Fire Red

{Oo==V==oO}

Previously owned
1983 Ford Laser KB, Beige
1985 Volvo 360 GLT Dark Mettalic Blue
1970 GT Junior stepnose Resprayed Red, Giallo Ochre
1923 Amilcar Sports, rusty
I may only own two ALFAs now, but the handle stays as I am always chasing another one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #144 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 06:52 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
My car doesn't have cool wheels

My car doesn't have cool wheels. It only has these.
Attached Images

AkioOhtori likes this.

Brian __________________________________

post #145 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 07:21 AM
Trained (ex)Professional

1953-2018 RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threealfas
Thanks Papa J, so a mixture of CMR and Fergat is not necessarily unoriginal ?
Correct. You could have all 3 brands of steel wheels on the car and still be original.

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)
post #146 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Gold Subscriber

Ossodiseppia I bet it will turn on a dime

Steve M
'78 Spider
post #147 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 02:03 AM

ROFLMAO

Ossodiseppia, that has to be the funniest post I've seen in a long while. My stomach aches now!!
post #148 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 10:14 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage

post #149 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 12:34 PM

ossidiseppia: You really need to remove that little car in your signature, f**ks up the forum big time... :P

Mats Strandberg

GTV 2000 -77
<= These are picture links you know...
75 Turbo -87 *sold*
<=
post #150 of 886 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 01:16 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede
ossidiseppia: You really need to remove that little car in your signature, f**ks up the forum big time... :P

ERR? How does it f**k up the forum?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode