New Stelvio Owner - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 7Likes
  • 4 Post By Stelhead
  • 2 Post By btalfaman
  • 1 Post By Calguy 17

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

New Stelvio Owner

I purchased a Ti Sport in Vesuvio Gray. I've had it for just over a month, I've put 3000 miles on it, and I've had zero problems. So far, I love it.

Driving it is such fun. Plenty of power and sharp handling. It makes me so happy to cruise down the highway, enjoying the premium audio. At first, I was not happy to not have a CD player, because I have an enormous CD collection. However, I've set up Amazon Music to my liking, and with the many playlists I've created, I can enjoy endless great music via my phone.

My one real annoyance is the automatic start/stop feature. They should have designed it so that you could set it once and leave it, because I don't want the engine to shut off when I have the A/C running. It's annoying to have to push that button every time I start the vehicle.

It's nice to have all the bells and whistles, although the proximity alarm is a little annoying when I'm in a car wash, or when I pull into a parking space and get a little too close to the curb. But that's really a pretty minor issue.

I do a lot of highway driving, and I've been getting 24-25 miles per gallon. Of course, paying for premium gas is not fun, but, considering the power under the hood, it's well worth it.

And I just got my new vanity plates today.

Overall, I am thoroughly satisfied so far with my Stelvio.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 06:57 AM

Nice to hear, test driving a Stelvio this afternoon. looking to lease in October due to current lease obligation. If you could be so kind to keep me informed on service issues or problems.

Good luck and thanks again
Bobo Houston Texas
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Congrats and welcome. We bought ours in December and no problems. There is a factory recall to replace some weatherstripping but haven't had that done. A friend did and it took 2-3 hours. Dealer loaned a Guilia, washed Stelvio and topped off fuel.
Yes a few nuisances to get used to, kinda Alfa required I think. But the good experiences are really great.
Enjoy and drive
Cheers, Jon

Present:
1967 Spider
1974 GTV (1969 Tribute)
1993 Spider ( project)
2018 Stelvio
Past:
1964 Giulia Sprint. 1966 Giulietta 101 Sprint
1967 Super 1968 GTV 1974 Berlina
1979 Alfetta Mille Miglia 1987 Milano
Non Alfa:
1953 MGTD 1958 TR3 1962 AH 3000 MKII
1969 AMX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 04:43 PM

Garage
Shirley, the way the start stop works is mandated by regulation, not Alfa?

Can’t wait to try a Ti with the more powerful Veloce engine when they arrive in Australia later in the year

'66 1600 Duetto | '73 1600 GTJunior | '03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon | '11 Giulietta QV (wow, revelation) | I really don't need this many Alfa's...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_m67 View Post
Shirley, the way the start stop works is mandated by regulation, not Alfa?

Cant wait to try a Ti with the more powerful Veloce engine when they arrive in Australia later in the year
I have not heard of any regulations in America requiring a start/stop feature. I hope it won't appear in all new vehicles.

And don't call me Shirley!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 05:49 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelhead View Post
I have not heard of any regulations in America requiring a start/stop feature. I hope it won't appear in all new vehicles.
It has to do with fleet mileage and emissions.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
It has to do with fleet mileage and emissions.
CAFE....cooperate average fuel economy.
It's where they agregate all of their fuel averages to come up with one number. It was easier when fuel prices were high and buyers turned to high mileage autos. Not as easy with all the suv's. Recent government proposals to lower the numbers will make it easier for manufactures to meet their numbers....at the cost of consumers.
Cheers, Jon

Present:
1967 Spider
1974 GTV (1969 Tribute)
1993 Spider ( project)
2018 Stelvio
Past:
1964 Giulia Sprint. 1966 Giulietta 101 Sprint
1967 Super 1968 GTV 1974 Berlina
1979 Alfetta Mille Miglia 1987 Milano
Non Alfa:
1953 MGTD 1958 TR3 1962 AH 3000 MKII
1969 AMX
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Here's an update: I've hit the 5000-mile mark on my Stelvio, and I'm happy to report that I still have had no problems at all. We've all seen reviews of the Stelvio and Giulia where writers complain about problems encountered during a test drive. However, I have encountered none of that. Of course, the long-term reliability remains to be seen, but my Stelvio has been perfect so far.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 05:00 PM
Gold Subscriber

Surely, that's good to hear.

Bob,
Avatar is the 68 Super, bought new.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 05:46 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

And yet, the clowns at CR continue to offer their opinion that the Stelvio, as with the Giulia and the Fiat cars, has an expected dismal or very poor reliability rating. Their usual anti-Italian bias/prejudice is showing.

They should stick to lawn mowers and kitchen blenders.

Del

Seattle

1989 Milano, Shankle Sport
1991 164S, stock
1994 164LS (~Q)
1972 Morgan 27

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 08:07 PM

Last month my wife's Maserati Quattroporte was totaled by a minor rear end collision by a meth addled semi driver. Heart breaking. Had only 24k miles on it. New clutch (I most definitely will not miss the duo select gear box). All that work to keep it immaculate and a 3 mph bump totals it.

Got her into a Volcano Black Stelvio TI Sport. Matches my Giulia QV. So we are now an 8 Italian car family once again. Used to be 6 Alfas, the QP and a Ferrari.
Now 7 Alfas and the Ferrari. 5 are mine and 2 are hers. So his and his and his and his and his and hers and hers Alfas. So nice to be married to a woman for over 33 years who shares my love of Italian vehicles and F1. We went to Austrian GP this summer.

Always Looking For Another

81 GTV-6, 88 Milano Verde, 87 Milano Silver, 91 164L, 93 Spider Veloce & 86 Ferrari 328GTS Alfa's Back in the USofA NOW!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Update

I just hit the six-month mark today. Here are the numbers:

6 months
15000 miles
0 problems

I really like that last number. I still love my Stelvio. After living with it for a while, I have one more criticism. For the most part, it's no big deal to not have a touch screen. However, entering a destination address in the navigation system without a touch screen is a major pain. Fortunately, I rarely use the navigation. I hope the folks at Alfa have the sense to put in a touch screen when they update the vehicle. For daily driving, I thoroughly enjoy nearly everything about the Stelvio. It still gets a very high recommendation from me.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 08:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Calguy 17
I saw 3 Stelvios here today just north of San Francisco...they love Alfas in Marin County....
Vsix likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode