Cancelled my Stelvio Quad..... - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 09:56 PM

I work for a volvo dealer and we are selling XC40's with a $2,000 addendum because of the limited availability. You have to remember we are at the dealership to turn a profit and unless you had a price already negotiated it's up to the dealer to determine the selling price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 06:40 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psb1013 View Post
Talk about a big letdown.....

My dealer just notified me that my Stelvio Quad came in. However, just as I proceeded to start the paperwork, they told me that the Quad was not "leaseable".......meaning Alfa doesn't offer any lease options on the Stelvio Quad at the moment. Given that I generally don't like to buy 1st year models, esp. Alfa's with their questionable reliability, I was definitely NOT interested in financing it. Not only that, they marked up the MSRP by an extra $3,500! (which is kind of funny given how poorly Alfa's are selling).

Anyways, Motor Trend reviewed the Stelvio Quad recently. Although they praised the performance aspect saying that it was extremely fast, they also lambasted it for it's poor interior build quality (squeaks, rattles galore). Given these facts, why would Alfa force interested buyers to purchase or finance the car? Leasing such a car is the safer way to go, but I guess Alfa knows "better."
I don't know what all this talk about "poor interior quality" is. I've driven Jags, BMWs, Mercedes, and Audis recently and I wouldn't say any of these had "better" quality than the Stelvio or Giulia. They're different, and I'd say the Jag and the BMW were not as nice on the inside. This is completely subjective. Also, I don't know why people are so hung up on leasing. When I went to buy my new Giulia, the thought of leasing didn't even cross my mind. Why would I throw money down a rabbit hole and not get an asset in the end? I plan on keeping my car until it has 200k and is 25 years old at least.
Also, worries about first-year models are understandable but isn't that what warranties are for? I've now obtained coverage for 125k mi and 8 years through the purchase of an extended warranty. After 7500mi, the new Giulia has been phenomenally reliable. My final point is why are you worried about maintenance costs when you already have a Maserati, a Ferrari, and a Lamborghini? Money is quite obviously not an object and these cars are legendary for requiring extraordinarily deep pockets to maintain... Insurance alone on one of those for a year undoubtedly costs more than I spend on maintenance for my fleet of eight affordable cars each year. The repairs are free under warranty for the Stelvio Quad, so why not buy in to Alfa for the long term? As they say, however, "tastus non disputandem est".
jeffb99tx, Del and Max Pershyn like this.

Jonathan
1992 164S, 1974 GTV, 1967 Saab 96, 1969 Jaguar XKE Coupe

Last edited by alfisti164l; 11-09-2018 at 07:09 AM.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 09:16 AM
Del
Gold Subscriber

" I plan on keeping my car until it has 200k and is 25 years old at least"

Lol, our newest car is the 94LS. Our daily driver since 1994 has been the 91S with 190k miles on it now. Finally, I'm putting in a new clutch, it's first replacement.
jeffb99tx likes this.

Del

Seattle

1989 Milano, Shankle Sport
1991 164S, stock
1994 164LS (~Q)
1972 Morgan 27

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
" I plan on keeping my car until it has 200k and is 25 years old at least"

Lol, our newest car is the 94LS. Our daily driver since 1994 has been the 91S with 190k miles on it now. Finally, I'm putting in a new clutch, it's first replacement.
Nice. My 164S has almost 170k and 70k of them are mine. I was six years old in 1994... We'll see what the situation is in twenty years. My thought is that the Giulia is one of the last generation of pure gasoline powered sports sedans available. No driver aids beyond traction control. No electric motors. An engine always ready to burst into full song. I'd sooner take the train than ride in a self-driving car, and no dollar I've ever earned will go to line Elon's pockets. I think I'll keep the Giulia forever.
jeffb99tx likes this.

Jonathan
1992 164S, 1974 GTV, 1967 Saab 96, 1969 Jaguar XKE Coupe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode