$30k GTV - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

$30k GTV

In the current issue of Sports Car Market they have an article on a 74 GTV that apparetnly sold on e-bay for $30K, yes $30K last November (I don't follow e-bay so this was news to me some of you may have already known about this). Car had 12K miles, was the original owner and had a couple of minor mods to it and fresh paint in 1985. Sounds like it may have been in Seattle (it was originally sold by Alfa of Tacoma).

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Supporting Vendor

There was a thread about this car at that time, a search will probably find the discussion.

It was eBay item #4501430000. It was a strong price but inline with other sales of documented, original GTVs.

joe
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 04:58 AM

And keep in mind it is not how much anything is worth that matters, it is how much somebody is willing to pay that really counts!

When I restored my GTV6 I went in knowing that I would have well more money that I could get out of it. I am still happy that I made the choice that I did.

Glenn

84 GTV6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to cucinando
The value in owning an Alfa is in the driving (i.e. completely subjective), but we all have to consider the budget, so I've been thinking about this...

Basically I can happily justify pouring money into restoring my car at the same rate a new car would depreciate, and still come out on top. For instance a couple of years ago I could have bought a new 147 or the 105 GTV that I did buy. I sold the GTV for the same amount that I paid, about two years later. After the same time the 147 would sell for at least $10K less than the new price. On that basis I could have happily spent $10K on the 105 and still been as well off (if not better, because I wouldn't have to finance a lump of money for the new car). Plus I had a lot more fun . So what seem like odd deals on the face of it can actually be quite sensible. For instance I saw a 105 GTV selling for A$22K (nice car), with A$35K worth of receipts (including the original purchase). Again, if that money was spent over a few years, it makes sense, but on the face of it it just sounds dumb. And I know this is right because it passed the spousal permission-to-spend-money test!

Last money-mention: my $0.02.

Gavin Cooke
'66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode