Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   Squadra GTV - GTV Owners Club (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/squadra-gtv-gtv-owners-club/)
-   -   Introduction To Squadra GTV (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/squadra-gtv-gtv-owners-club/5826-introduction-squadra-gtv.html)

smestas 08-01-2004 02:52 AM

Introduction To Squadra GTV

1 Attachment(s)

As explained by Doc Doolittle, "Squadra GTV is an idea that has festered in my brain for the past decade. This New Year's eve Fred Wright, Dave Kingston, and I -- with the help of a couple bottles of Dom Perignon -- decided to take action."

"Of course, every good Squadra needs a capable leader, so we elected in absence Joe Fahertey as our first Comandante! Knowing that Joe had purchased his first GTV in Manhattan Beach, Ca, drove this beautiful Alfa to his new Air Force duty station at Hampton, Va, and finally into oblivion. The car gave Joe great service, so he drove it to the nearest Alfa showroom just as it faltered and traded the car in on a new model. Joe is now preparing that same 1974 GTV for the racing circuit. Fred, Dave and I decided this is exactly the type of personality needed to get this club rolling!"

"It is with extreme respect that we undertake forming a Squadra to represent such a fine automotive design as the GTV, and it is with this same respect that we asked Joe Fahertey to be Squadra GTV's first Comandate."

The club's initial goals are to provide more ways for GTV owners to enjoy their cars, to be a recognized asset to the National and regional Alfa clubs, and to attract new younger members to enthuse interest in and generate attention for this beautiful breed. The club will strive to attend en mass as many automotive events (not just Alfa-related) such as car shows, club gatherings, track events, and competitions. Squadra GTV will also strive to promote and attract attention outside automotive enthusiast circles, at local or state-wide events, at schools, and at other privately-sponsored or community-sponsored events.

Squadra GTV will attempt to become a recruiting tool for Alfa Romeo and this specific model to bring young blood into the fold, and will always focus on driver education and safe driving practices among new drivers. Another very important goal for Squadra GTV would be to make an impact with certain charities locally and nationally. As an example, members could provide "ride-alongs" at club events for Make-A-Wish Foundation and other health-challenged kids.

If you are the proud owner of an Alfa Romeo GTV and the ideals of this club sound like fun, we would encourage you to join. Cost of membership is $30 and a VIN for proof of ownership. For this, you will also get a club t-shirt with the Squadra GTV logo and image, and a window decal. Simply print the attached registration form, fill in your information and send to:

Squadra GTV
c/o Mike Macaulay
2200 6th Avenue, #527
Seattle, WA 89121

eric 08-25-2004 10:28 AM

checks for Squadra GTV

do we make them out ot Squadra GTV or Mike Macaulay?

Eric

74 GTV

sprintgtc 08-25-2004 12:22 PM

Hi Eric,
you can make the check out to Squadra GTV. Please also send me VIN, color and your t-shirt size.
Welcome to the Squadra!

mfx8898 08-25-2004 09:03 PM

Welcome to the Squadra

Hey Eric, welcome!

Great to see California represented. Let's spread the word and get all the Cali GTVers (and every other corner of the globe) signed up and involved.

Mirko
69-Ocra

Hit an Apex 09-10-2004 06:35 PM

Does the GTV-6 count?

alfafredly 09-10-2004 07:36 PM

No vin no in

No sorry.. but maybe we should start a GTV-6 group too. I would join!

In fact I just spent the day driving mine at Pacific Raceway - sure do love my "wicked 6" :D

Mottic 09-16-2004 01:02 PM

Hmmm....if anyone would like to sell me a GTV, I'd be more than happy to join.:) What's one more, right?

chasking 05-13-2005 02:15 PM

Do the t-shirts go up to XXL? :o

alfafredly 05-13-2005 04:36 PM

Yeah I think we can do that?

gtvman2088 08-12-2005 06:31 PM

my computer wont let me load the fourm to join the club i am 17 years old with a 73 gtv and would like to join. can you send me the fourm to [email protected]

thanks chris minot

73veloce 03-24-2006 12:32 PM

what ever happened with Squardra GTV?

sprintgtc 03-24-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73veloce
what ever happened with Squardra GTV?

I have a whole box of t-shirts, Mike. Would you like to join?:)

Vivace 03-24-2006 02:33 PM

I wish I had one, and I'd join! Too bad there's not some honorary member thing...you know, hangers on, groupies, etc.

George Willet 03-24-2006 05:06 PM

This is a good group of guys and gals, Mike. Good resources for parts and info. not to mention the comaderie.

I asked the group for a source for some parts today, and got 5 replies in less than 2 hours.

And the T-shirts look cool.

Join, and be an insider now!!

73veloce 03-24-2006 05:13 PM

Thanks George...sounds like I should join. Any events coming up?