Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Non Original Colors

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  lgbalfa 
#1 ·
Hey There, new to this forum!

I was wondering if anyone has An S3 spider with a non original color.

I recently purchased my S3 this summer and I’m looking to repaint it, but I may want to go outside the box with a different color.

I’m not looking to resell the car anytime soon so I’m not worried about resale value.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Classic car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hey There, new to this forum!

I was wondering if anyone has An S3 spider with a non original color.

I recently purchased my S3 this summer and I’m looking to repaint it, but I may want to go outside the box with a different color.

I’m not looking to resell the car anytime soon so I’m not worried about resale value.

View attachment 1593740

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may want to consider wrapping it rather than painting it if you want to go outside the box color wise. That way it’s totally reversible. That’s what I did with my BMW motorcycle.

Doug

Attachments

Reactions: BlueVeloce
#4 ·
I say "Your car, your choice!"
I'm changing mine slightly from black to metallic black. P/O already painted over the original of proto-type yellow and the black is kinda dull in comparison to the newer metallic colors.
BTW
that's a nice blue & 2 wheels (BMW) :thumbup1: look good any color.

#5 ·
I'm definitely in the camp of "do what makes you happy." S3 cars are not likely to ever (at least in my lifetime) command any premiums for originality. In addition to non-original paint, I have also gone with non-original front air dam, non-original side mirrors, non-original wheels, non-original rear spoiler, and a lot of other "non-original" things.

Attachments

#10 ·
The official rule reads: Whomever is financing the painting of a vehicle shall have sole discretion in choices of color, etc...

Mary Kay pink if that is what you want...unless someone else is paying.

One member here did use a Honda silver that is just phenomenal. Should I ever reach a repaint on my '73, that's the color I hope somebody will pay for my car to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.