Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Geabox rear mount question

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  giulia_veloce 
#1 ·
Hi everyone in Spiderland, I would like to ask a question about the side washers on the rear mount on the 105 gearbox. Mine are missing and I have the gearbox out now. I am replacing the rear mount bushing and would like to know what is the size and material of the side washers? I have the parts catalogue which just shows a washer and no details about the size and material. I have a box of bits and pieces and there are two large rubber bushes in it. Are these the ones that go on either side of the bushing? Any guidance would be appreciated.

#2 ·
they are just rubber, larger diameter than the mount itself and a few mm's thick.
They only keep out muck from getting at the bush (and I suppose prevent a bit of sidewards movement)

photo here shows them either side of the mount

ps: don't forget the correct orientation of the new mount when pressing it in, and DO measure the new mount to make sure it'll fit comfortably (there are mounts out there a few thou' too large that end up splitting the trans!!)

Attachments

#8 ·
I just replaced drivetrain/ gearbox in a 64 Sprint GT ..no poly washers..... Did I miss something?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.