Solutions for Spider 2000 S2 not starting or firing?
I purchased 1974 Spider 2000 a few months ago. After replacing fuel system and ignition system I got it running after it had been sitting for 16 years. We took it for a test drive can home, degreased the engine and parked it in the garage. It sat for about a week and then I tried to start it an it had no spark.
Here is what I have tried.
*Before this problem I had install a new bosch blue coil and Vicks electronic ignition distributor.
1. Light tested and found power on positive and negative side of the coil.
2. Swapped coil with one from my Sunbeam Alpine just to see if new coil was bad.
3. Ordered new electronic Distributor from Vicks thinking the other new one was maybe defective.
4. Set engine to TDC, Rotor button points to #1 cylinder
5. Checked firing order. #1 plug wire is right above rotor button pointing to #1. Order on cap is 1,3,4,2 going clockwise
6. I made new red and black wires that go from the coil to the distributor.
7. Installed new coil wires
8. Green/Black wire on - side of coil light tested and has power when the ignition switch is turned on.
9. Coil wires. Red on +, Black on -, Green/Black on -
WHAT I'm I MISSING? I don't understand why the system is not working. Is there another module or sensor somewhere?
A side note... I am not getting fuel in the cylinders. The fuel pump is running and I have 19 PSI just past the front filter. It is a spIca system. I am focused on getting the car to fire first but just wanted to mention it in case some strange way its related.
Any help would be appreciated because I am pulling my hair out.