Our DMV at work - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Our DMV at work

I just received my car title for my recently purchased Spider. When I applied for the title the clerk asked what color. "Avorio" of course is not on the checklist of colors. I described it as ivory or cream or light yellow. I guess these were also not on the list. The title says the color is COPPER.

I asked for a correction, but I'm not expecting one.

UPDATE: In defense of the clerk, I just looked at my copy of the original title application. It says copper and I signed it. Oh well.
Attached Images

Last edited by adowns; 08-03-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 10:25 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Whats wrong with white?

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 12:23 PM

My first Alfa was an 85 Graduate in Ivory!

Mo in NJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarvi View Post
My first Alfa was an 85 Graduate in Ivory!

Mo in NJ
Mo, I like the color a lot and have received a few compliments already.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 02:37 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Just don't park it in a field for 5 years. Then the color really would be copper.
PSk likes this.

Rich

'85 Spider Veloce
'17 Giulia Ti Sport
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 02:45 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GV27
Easy problem to solve. Don't complicate things. When they ask just say "white" or "yellow".

Chris

1990 Spider Veloce
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:45 PM

I like Alabama.. It was the only state in the 50's and 60's who issued titles without even being present or proof the car even existed... and you could live in Alaska... All you needed was a make and Vin number. A new title was issued.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:32 PM

Ours is listed as tan. Ivory must not have been an option in Texas or NewYork

Steve
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:54 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
One of my BMWs is Chamonix. The name comes from a town in France on Mt. Blanc. I just tell them white.

Alfa-current: '66 Duetto, '69 Spider
Past: '74 Spider, '76 spider, '80 GTV 6
Other-Current: 11 BMWs, Ram 1500
Other-past: 16 BMWs, MGs, Triumphs, other stuff that doesn't count.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:44 PM

You could have also told them, "Not red".
f4driver likes this.

-Kevin
1988 Spider Veloce (with lots of 3D printed parts)
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

I took my title to the DMV and paid for a title correction. ($18) I told the clerk either cream or ivory was ok. Today I got my title. The color is listed as "cream or". not cream, not ivory, not cream or ivory, but cream or. I guess there are a certain number of spaces available for color and they were all used up. Oh, well. it's better than the original copper description. I'm going to let it stay as cream or.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 11:07 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
People who can't get a REAL job end up working for the government. It's the only way to get them off unemployment or welfare.

Edward
'88 Quad - "Claudia"
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

The local clerk I have dealt with was very nice and tried to help me get the color designation correct. I suspect the "cream or" was the result of a data entry clerk at the state DMV typing in "cream or ivory", and the software ignoring all the letters past OR. It's probably set up to accomodate common colors [red, black, white, green, blue, silver, gray] which are all short words.

Saturday we bought a new Subaru Crosstrek. It's official color is called "cool gray khaki". The actual color is a light blue. See picture attached. I expect the title will say gray. I'm not going to worry about it.
Attached Images

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:52 PM

Garage
Since Avorio means Ivory, that's what I would have said.... but how many people want to look at your title to see what color they entered?
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norseman50 View Post
People who can't get a REAL job end up working for the government. It's the only way to get them off unemployment or welfare.
Government jobs ARE welfare. It's just a bigger paycheck and you have a daytime jail cell and a nasty boss. None of them are "real" jobs.

Robert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode