Our DMV at work - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 02:11 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sRacer View Post
Government jobs ARE welfare. It's just a bigger paycheck and you have a daytime jail cell and a nasty boss. None of them are "real" jobs.

Robert
Harsh . Imagine how bad things would be with out these people.

BTW: I now work for local government (in their IT department, so not directly) and yes it was an eye-opener, and very different. Still don't know why?, but they do a heck of a lot more than I ever thought ... seems potentially inefficient, but ... ???
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PSk; 08-26-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Although I complained about the DMV not getting the color of my car correct, overall strong title laws administered by the DMV have reduced auto theft and made purchasing cars safer. Who would purchase a costly used car without running a Carfax? And most of the Carfax data comes from state DMV's. Also the Salvage, flood, rebuilt and other addenda to titles makes passing these cars off as perfect difficult or impossible.

These "lazy government workers" have saved us untold millions. Buying and selling cars is a caveat emptor business and we need all the help we can get.

I'm sorry I started this thread.
Susan likes this.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 05:12 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norseman50 View Post
People who can't get a REAL job end up working for the government. It's the only way to get them off unemployment or welfare.
That's a pretty wide swath you made. You may want to retract that.

John Stewart
74 Spider
91 164S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 05:17 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by adowns View Post
I'm sorry I started this thread.
Don't be.

While I do not work for the DMV, or equivalent, we have all had our battles with "government department" bureaucracy so it is healthy to vent sometimes
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 05:25 PM

Venting is only allowed through the lower orifice.. and privately unless you are in a Port-a-Let, Airport restroom, or a two stall gas station men's room. It has about as much of the same effect as venting on here. Makes the person venting feel better but the rest of us don't feel the exhilaration.
PSk likes this.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 06:23 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GV27
Wow. All that "venting" and Edward and Robert are still so full of crap their breath stinks.

I think I'll go down to the DMV and tell the lady behind the counter "it's not f****g red you stupid lazy welfare queen! It's Rosso Corsa! ROSSO F***G CORSA damnit! GET A REAL JOB!!!" and see how far that gets me.
PSk and adowns like this.

Chris

1990 Spider Veloce

Last edited by GV27; 08-26-2019 at 06:32 PM.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 03:05 AM

I find that the measure of one's attitude is directly proportional to the service you receive. I enjoy my experiences at the DMV. I do my mental and physical calisthenics before I go It's just like Forest said. One "welfare queen" (whatever that oxymoron means) sorted through a stack of plates on her own in search of an appropriate number for something as special as my car. She came up with 1NIZMAN...and title said it was red. It pays to be humble when you are in someone else's toy box. Never let 'em see you sweat like a bank robber when he demands the money from the teller. It will go down hill from there real fast.
Susan likes this.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GV27 View Post
Wow. All that "venting" and Edward and Robert are still so full of crap their breath stinks.
Well! You obviously don't recognize sarcasm. What grade did you make? And your posting is more objectionable than anything here. I expect the moderator to delete it.

R
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 03:50 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by divotandtralee View Post
I like Alabama.. It was the only state in the 50's and 60's who issued titles without even being present or proof the car even existed... and you could live in Alaska... All you needed was a make and Vin number. A new title was issued.
The good old days, many of us remember
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 04:39 AM

Garage
Gee and I thought everybody liked government employees and civil servants . (I got my truck rego to pay in a couple of days I don't want to upset anyone in the Dept. of Transport as we call it here on the bottom of the world). a r s e

Current cars 1975 spyder under resto, 1973 Berlina Resto 1976 Berlina parts car 1972 GTjunior fully restored, 1 complete rolling shell spyder.exit 1989 75 T/S sold
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 04:58 AM

Garage
The OP wishes he had not posted this. Let's leave it at that, shall we?
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 05:16 AM

I have 4 cars, 2 of them Alfas.

Thus, over the years, I have spent plenty of time at my local DMV office (White Plains, NY), and aside from the last time, when I had to renew my license and was delayed because the computer system crashed (state-wide, I think) my observations have been positive: they have done a good job streamlining the process, and have employees whose only job is to make sure you have the right documents filled out and ensure that you are on the correct queue.

Twice, now, when registering a classic Alfa that came from a state that did not list the vehicle weight, the astute DMV worker asked where I got the vehicle weight listed on my application! When I showed her an online specification sheet for the year and model, she checked with her supervisor and then registered the car.

Another time, when registering my son's car while he was on an overseas deployment, I explained that he and his driver's license were on a ship in the Persian Gulf: the DMV agent noted that they are not supposed to accept a photocopy of his driver's license, but she graciously made an exception in this case.

Now, I have seen some ill-tempered DMV agents, but I have also seen a long line of clueless people with inadequate documentation who clog up the system and whose demeanor would try the patience of a saint.

We all have had bad experiences at the DMZ, but over the years, I think that my personal experience has been, on balance, more positive than negative.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 06:13 AM

Perhaps this should go into the"Global Warming" forum where everyone is bored with life. Unsubscribed......

Last edited by divotandtralee; 08-27-2019 at 06:16 AM.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 04:59 PM

Garage
I've only dealt with New York state DMV but in over 40 years of dealing with various DMV offices all over the state my experiences have always been positive.

Current: 69 GTV, 2019 Stelvio, 95 Porsche 968 cab
Past 74 GTV, 69 GTV, 74 Spider

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode