92 Spider Veloce - 3,782 miles on eBay - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 03:24 PM

Asking $23k and change on dealer website. A fair price if it is near perfect. The interior looks very nice, the melted wire sure bothers me and it looks like the antifreeze reservoir is empty, Iím just using my phone to browse. So I canít tell if the antifreeze is clear or non existent. No underneath pictures and god knows if the interior smells from poor storage? I would have to see this one in person if I was a buyer. Sometimes they are just low mileage and not trophies.

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe

1992 Spider Veloce (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 12:43 PM

there are now a couple of undercarriage pics on ebay, looks decent.
Rad reservoir is OK, I can see what looks like fresh fluid (its just clear/yellow stuff, not green), and both clutch and brake look fresh fluid too.

On the dealer's site there are no undercarriage (though if you asked I'm sure he'd supply some)
https://www.egolfofbrevard.com/exoti...e85925ed42.htm

driver's door rubber seal at top, the usual split missing the rubber insert cap (at only 4k miles?)
heater switch, that is a lot of wear for 4k miles (my spider has 100k miles and hasn't worn like that)
kevinl likes this.

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 04:20 PM

The air cleaner snap closures are rusty. Just a little thing, still not good.

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 04:55 PM

It still amazes me low mileage originals keep popping up for sale. When does the supply end? Seems a lot of owners never enjoyed driving their car, only enjoyed looking at it.

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
My car was a garage queen when I bought it in 2007 with 9k miles. Currently it has 30k. I try to drive as much as possible now whenever the weather is nice.

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL Premium
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinl View Post
It still amazes me low mileage originals keep popping up for sale. When does the supply end? Seems a lot of owners never enjoyed driving their car, only enjoyed looking at it.

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe
Kevin,

When you want to go out for a nice scenic drive, do you usually go for the keys of the Spider Veloce or the 4C first?

Thanks

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL Premium
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbalfa View Post
Kevin,

When you want to go out for a nice scenic drive, do you usually go for the keys of the Spider Veloce or the 4C first?

Thanks

Lambert,

I got my Spider last year, from a fanatic who stored it since new in a climate control interior garage inside of a garage, he had 3 other cars inside with it. It had 14k miles on it and it still looked new. The engine bay is bright and shiny, interior like new, everything original and working. When I saw this one with 37xx miles on it pop up, I wanted to buy it because of the low mileage, but after thinking about it, I told myself no, I would just drive it and be where I am with mine.

So to answer the question, I reach for the keys of the Spider. I now have owned my car for a year and I have put 4K miles on it, the Speedometer reads 18k. I drive it as much as I can, much more than my 4c which has 6k after 3 years.

My wife and I went to Provincetown in the Spider for lunch again yesterday, about 130 mile round trip and the Spider is a joy with the roof down. It makes me smile all the time. It is just a special car.

Iím sure the low miles Spider will need a few things fixed, but overall someone will have a great car to enjoy driving or to look at.

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe

post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 03:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinl View Post

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe
Thereís a good amount of low mileage S4ís around. I know of an identical 1993 Spider with about the same mileage that was never even registered until a few years ago still had the Paul Spruell Alfa tag on the rear. The original owner had put 3k miles on it without registering it!

Jimmy G. -1976 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Sold for $23,950.

Very good deal for whoever bought it.

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 06:09 PM

Sold $23,950. Hope the buyer doesn't plan on driving it home, not after sitting that long and with some melted wiring.

Current: 87 Alfa Spider Veloce. Previous: 70 Opel GT, 69 Alfa Duetto, 80 TR7, 69 GT6+, 76 Midget, 85 944, plus assorted grocery getters

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode