Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   Spider - 105 & 115 Series (1966-1994) (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-105-115-series-1966-1994/)
-   -   Spider with no radio - ever (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-105-115-series-1966-1994/683034-spider-no-radio-ever.html)

adowns 07-15-2019 02:06 PM

Spider with no radio - ever

2 Attachment(s)
My 1985 Graduate has no radio and I don't think it has ever had one. It has the pininfarina radio delete plate and also Alfa Romeo speaker grills that have no speaker hole behind them, just carpet.

It's hard to believe the original dealer did not install a $50 radio that he could mark up to $200. The car does have pin stripes that I think were stuck on by the dealer when the car was sold so he did sell one high margin add-on item.

SkiBum 07-15-2019 02:44 PM

Some request no radio, they would rather listen to that inline 4 hemi.... you will find many on here too that would rather have no radio. I do turn mine down on occasion and go through the gears.

Hodgepodge 07-15-2019 06:32 PM

I would have to see more of the carpet but it might not be original. You may also be able to get the build sheet from Alfa. Link is on the site here someplace. A US car with no radio would be a very, very odd delete option. No wires behind the carpet?

spiderserie4 07-16-2019 12:58 AM

pull the delete plate (carefully, don't break the tabs!), look for the radio wire bundle.
No alfa had a radio from factory (all dealer installations) but there should be wiring in place.

funny, today people are looking for the delete plates, that were thrown out when dealers installed radios:)

Jack Straw 07-16-2019 07:25 AM

Had a radio, threw it away. Pulled out the antenna, threw it away. Pulled out four crappy speaker, threw them away.
Made a pretty little delete plate out of flamed maple. Happier now.:laugh2:

Alfaboutvegas 07-16-2019 08:13 AM

No Radio

Consensus may be, who needs a radio when you're running through the gears, slapping the shifter in anticipation of the upcoming curve and listening to that scream of the exhaust telling you to Get Ready!
What radio?

adowns 07-16-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divotandtralee (Post 8439344)
What is your point of posting...

My point of posting. I think it's unusual for a 34 year old car to never have had a radio installed. Of course every Spider Graduate had no radio when it was new, but how many have never had a radio? I posted because here's an opportunity to see what they looked like when they rolled off the boat - delete plate and Alfa branded speaker grills ready for whatever the dealer wanted to put behind them.

A pointless post? If so, it's time to scroll down to other topics that are more important.

Gubi 07-16-2019 09:02 AM

Well, I thought it was interesting. I've never seen one of those Pininfarina delete plates, myself.

adowns 07-16-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divotandtralee (Post 8439436)
No, it just needed to be embellished. There was no ???'s. Perhaps, Another way to put my post would have been ... just.... "What is it you want us to say?" would that be more correct?

Just got the car and I will have lots of questions soon. Mainly I'm just getting my feet wet in the forum.

SkiBum 07-16-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adowns (Post 8439382)
Quote:

Originally Posted by divotandtralee (Post 8439344)
What is your point of posting...

My point of posting. I think it's unusual for a 34 year old car to never have had a radio installed. Of course every Spider Graduate had no radio when it was new, but how many have never had a radio? I posted because here's an opportunity to see what they looked like when they rolled off the boat - delete plate and Alfa branded speaker grills ready for whatever the dealer wanted to put behind them.

A pointless post? If so, it's time to scroll down to other topics that are more important.

I agree with gubi, I liked the post, learned something and got to see an Alfa block off plate! Keep posting nonsense!

GV27 07-16-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divotandtralee (Post 8439436)
No, it just needed to be embellished. There was no ???'s. Perhaps, Another way to put my post would have been ... just.... "What is it you want us to say?" would that be more correct?

OK, Mr. Grumpy-Pants!

I think it's interesting!

Jack Straw 07-16-2019 12:43 PM

Holy Cow, some of the long timers on this forum need to take a pill or something.

slowcreek 07-16-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adowns (Post 8439448)
Just got the car and I will have lots of questions soon. Mainly I'm just getting my feet wet in the forum.

Well, welcome to the Alfa BB.

Some very helpful and knowledgeable folks here with great attitudes and willingness to share in your obsession.

Bring on the questions.

And, I think that delete plate is quite cool.

Every Alfa I've ever owned came with a radio of some sort which I promptly removed, along with the cursory speakers which were added to the door cards improperly....

Perhaps the delete panel gives us insight into the previous owners? Real enthusiasts from day one?

SkiBum 07-16-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowcreek (Post 8439630)
Quote:

Originally Posted by adowns (Post 8439448)

Well, welcome to the Alfa BB.

Some very helpful and knowledgeable folks here with great attitudes and willingness to share in your obsession.

Bring on the questions.

And, I think that delete plate is quite cool.

Every Alfa I've ever owned came with a radio of some sort which I promptly removed, along with the cursory speakers which were added to the door cards improperly....

Perhaps the delete panel gives us insight into the previous owners? Real enthusiasts from day one?

👍👍👍

slowcreek 07-16-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkiBum (Post 8439640)
👍👍👍

Cat walk across your keyboard?