North American Custom Covers - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
North American Custom Covers

This is not a promotion or ad just information if someone is looking for an interior car cover for when you are parked. I found this cover designed for a Miata and decided to order it. It fits pretty good on the Alfa and even fits the back truck perfectly to keep it from blowing off. The quality is great and the lined magnets hold it in place as well. If anyone is looking for something to keep the interior protected from the affects of the harsh sun when your out and about I would highly recommend it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnsontn View Post
This is not a promotion or ad just information if someone is looking for an interior car cover for when you are parked. I found this cover designed for a Miata and decided to order it. It fits pretty good on the Alfa and even fits the back truck perfectly to keep it from blowing off. The quality is great and the lined magnets hold it in place as well. If anyone is looking for something to keep the interior protected from the affects of the harsh sun when your out and about I would highly recommend it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've thought about something like this to protect against sudden thunderstorms. However, it looks like it might take a bit to get it on. In your experience, would it be quicker to put this on/off or quicker to close/open the top?

One advantage I see is that you can leave the top boot cover on and still protect the interior without having to remove the boot cover to close the top. I tend not to put the boot cover on most times unless I know there's virtually zero chance of rain.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Al
Current Alfa: 1986 Spider Veloce
Previous Alfa: 1987 Spider Graduate
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Its fairly easy to install. Since I have a top boot cover I'd rather not park the car remove the boot cover, put the top up then do the reverse. I can easily put this on in a few minutes and remove just as quick. I would obviously not do this if I am just going in and out of a place quickly, I have sun shades for that but this is for when I park the car and am going to be away from it for more than 30 mins or so. It appears to be rain proof as the poly-urethane coating would work well, and the magnets would keep it in place, I would probably make sure its alot tighter to try and prevent a bucket from forming in the rear if I suspected possible rain. The main reason I got this was to protect the entire interior from the sun. The Miata size seems to be the best fit for our Alfa's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:51 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GV27
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaporsche View Post
I've thought about something like this to protect against sudden thunderstorms. However, it looks like it might take a bit to get it on. In your experience, would it be quicker to put this on/off or quicker to close/open the top?

One advantage I see is that you can leave the top boot cover on and still protect the interior without having to remove the boot cover to close the top. I tend not to put the boot cover on most times unless I know there's virtually zero chance of rain.
Other than inventing an energy field that activates instantly at the touch of a button (or better yet, senses rain!), nothing is going to be quicker than closing the top. I run mine with just the passenger side hold-down strap on so if I need to put it up I just reach over, flick off the strap then reach back and raise the top. Click-click and it's done. I dunno, maybe 10 seconds max? Easy to do at a stop light. I guess I still have to raise my slow power windows, but still....

Now, the boot cover is a different matter. Then this does make sense. Of course it doesn't help while driving in the rain, but that's easy - just drive faster! I've used my boot three times in 15 years, once for fun and twice for car shows. It's just such a pain to install/remove that it ends up being semi-permanent.

Chris

1990 Spider Veloce
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 10:00 PM

Garage
Here is my two cents, my Spider is a weekend driver. I was told when not using the car keep the top up and windows close. I also park my car in a garage. I believe this is when the cover is useful, when you have to park out side in really hot or snowy conditions. Oh yea the boot cover looks good but I never use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken Smith

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode