S2 Window Regulator Winding - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ntvnyer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

S2 Window Regulator Winding

This might be a moot point but does anyone have a new LH regulator for an S2 Spider that you could take pictures of how the cable is wound? My cable housing came loose and was stuck in regulator wouldn't allow the window to roll down all of the way. I managed to free the housing but the cable winding is all messed up now. The new ones come pre-aligned which might be the path of least resistance.

Chuck

Last edited by 6alfas; 06-03-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6alfas View Post
This might be a moot point but does anyone have a new LH regulator for an S2 Spider that you could take pictures of how the cable is wound? My cable housing came loose and was stuck in regulator wouldn't allow the window to roll down all of the way. I managed to free the housing but the cable winding is all messed up now. The new ones come pre-aligned which might be the path of least resistance.

Chuck

I had my door repaired and the body shop tried 3 times to get the cables correct. Plus my wires running through the door is causing the window motor to run slow. There are some guys who scrapped the old system and purchased the new modern windows motor and lifting mechanism. No cables. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken Smith
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaromeoblack View Post
I had my door repaired and the body shop tried 3 times to get the cables correct. Plus my wires running through the door is causing the window motor to run slow. There are some guys who scrapped the old system and purchased the new modern windows motor and lifting mechanism. No cables. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. There's one vote for buying a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:35 AM

Chuck, perhaps this gets you where you want to go....https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spi...placement.html
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 05:27 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
My least favorite job. I have done it three times and have on one occasion fouled up a new part so badly that I had to scrap it. You should also know that if you have the older style chrome window winder handles, the ones without the black inserts, that most of the parts being sold will not fit without modification as the stems are too long and the clip will not seat in the groove properly. I have had to grind the stems down to make mine fit.

Good luck.
Alfaboutvegas likes this.

Nick S.

1974 Spider
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:22 AM

From the link, "That worked....but it sure seemed crude. So I decided to clean it up...."
Wow, I wonder how many nightmares, and just not on Alfa's, started with that thought.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by divotandtralee View Post
Chuck, perhaps this gets you where you want to go....https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spi...placement.html
Rick, exactly what I needed. I searched prior to my initial post but somehow missed that thread. A million thanks, or in today's dollars, ~$50 plus shipping.

I initially tried rewinding the spool and then installing the regulator but the cable quickly returned to a state of chaos and I was back to where I started before I had even finished.. With the window all the way up, I loosened the bottom adjustment bar, removed the cable from the left pulley to give more slack, installed the regulator and then aligned the cable using my trusty Harbor Freight pick (which can also be used to pull the clips off of the winder handle and door pull). Once the cable was aligned properly, I simply ran the cable over the left pulley and tightened down the adjustment bar on the bottom.

@ntvnyer, I feel your pain. I did two of these on my Roundtails back in the day and my fingers never forgave me. I was not looking forward to a full replacement....

Chuck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode