S2 taillights - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By radioal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

S2 taillights

I was at my local pick and pull today and saw these. They get $25 ea for taillights and i would be happy to keep them out of the crusher if any of you spider guys want me to snag them for you next time im out that way. Not much else usable on the car. Engine and trans was gone, but there was what i think was a spica air filter housing in the trunk, and a set of fairly beat up turbina wheels.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:47 AM

Garage
Is the chrome coating pitted. i would be interested in the license lights also.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

I'll have to take a closer look next time I'm out there. My overall impression was that they were decent daily-driver grade, but i didn't really look too closely since i was on a non-Alfa mission at the time and not too many spider parts fit my Milano...

Al

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 11:29 AM

Garage
If you get a chance take a look, mine are a little bit pitted and interested if they look good.
thanks
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 11:38 AM

You wouldnt work under the car with it supported like that would you! The lenses alone must be worth $25?

Daily drive is a Giulia 2.0 MA, wife drives a 939 Spider in the summer and a Abarth 595 in the winter. For special sunny days we have a S2 Spider Junior in the garage.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Down View Post
You wouldnt work under the car with it supported like that would you! The lenses alone must be worth $25?
Having regularly climbed all over Spiders at Pick'n'Pull I can confirm that those welded together wheels provide excellent support. The cars don't budge.

1974 Spider
Work gets in the way of my hobbies. Nothing takes just 5 minutes.

Last edited by BobG; 05-02-2019 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
Having regularly climbed all over Spiders at Pick'n'Pull I can confirm that those welded together wheel provide excellent support. The cars don't budge.
AH! There welded! Why did I think they wouldnt be. Pick'n'Pull thats a great name you dont hear over here.

Daily drive is a Giulia 2.0 MA, wife drives a 939 Spider in the summer and a Abarth 595 in the winter. For special sunny days we have a S2 Spider Junior in the garage.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

I trust the wheels ok. What i don't trust is the abilities of the guys who position them. I always kick hell out of all 4 hubs and both bumpers before even reaching under a pick n pull car. That being said, ive never succeeded in kicking one off the stands and only once did i feel one move enough to not trust it.

Alfaboutvegas likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 01:23 PM

The side markers might be a good buy if they don't have any corrosion. Mark them with a Sharpie on the back if you do buy them. All four are different.

Last edited by 6alfas; 05-02-2019 at 01:27 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 07:57 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioal View Post
I trust the wheels ok. What i don't trust is the abilities of the guys who position them. I always kick hell out of all 4 hubs and both bumpers before even reaching under a pick n pull car. That being said, ive never succeeded in kicking one off the stands and only once did i feel one move enough to not trust it.

I asked the local yard if they could move a couple of those wheels so I could get a spare off a Mercedes ml320. After they repositioned them they also gave it a massive shove to make sure it was secure. They don't want it moving any more than you do.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Ian Lomax - Current: 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano Platinum "racecar"
Past: 71, 74 Spiders, 2x 74 Berlina, 74 GTV, 76 Alfetta GT, 88 Milano 3.0, 164LS
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

I picked up the taillights, tag lights and markers plus an outside mirror today. Will post pics when i get them cleaned up. Taillight housings look good with no pits or peeling. Just a bit dull looking, but that may well be dirt. Lenses have the typical tiny internal crazing that any 40 year old lense would, but are not cracked and still look pretty decent. Markers look great. One tag light has 3 tiny pits in the top that might polish out. The other is perfect. Looks like you could just swap sides so the pits are on the bottom anyway.

Btw, if you look closely at the back of the markers, they are factory marked as to where they go. With Italian abbreviations of course. They are marked AS,AD,PS and PD much like i have seen on other Italian parts.

A- anteriore- front
P- posteriore- rear
S-sinistra- left
D-destra- right

Also, the outside mirror (Vitaloni?) Is identical to the one on my Yugo. I have also seen that same mirror on a Volvo.

Al

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode