It is almost 5 years since I started https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spi...ider-dyno.html
I just got home from 2 days with Al Mitchell and his dyno in Smithfield Virginia where we tested my rebuilt 2L engine. I am pleased with the results - 155.1 RWHP and 135.5 RW ft-lb, a nice improvement on the previous build. We did not record AFR's because of a lack of a suitable interface to my wideband and I just kept an eye on the readout and we made adjustments from that.
The peak torque is not much higher than before but now it is much broader. It is over 130 ft-lb from 4800 to 6300 rpm and over 120 ft-lb from 3800 to 6700 rpm.
The AFR's were good above 6000 rpm but they were too low (rich) from 3500 to 5500 rpm. There is an opportunity to get more torque in that range if I can find a better main jet/air corrector combination.
My sole good data point for converting RWHP to engine HP is from a GTV race car motor that made 215 on Jim Steck's engine dyno and two weeks later made 175 RWHP on a Mustang dyno in Birmingham Alabama. Applying that factor to my motor gives 192 HP and 166 ft-lb at the flywheel.
I can add some more data in another post but brief engine specs are
Stock & unmodified block, crankshaft and rods.
85 mm Arias pistons from Jim Steck
Motronic cylinder head prepared by Jim Steck
RJ575 intake cam and RJ457 exhaust cam from Richard Jemison
45DCOE152 Webers and an AR plenum "ported" and matched by Richard Jemison + modified AR air box.
Shankle headers into a 2.25" collector with a 2.25" Borla muffler
123ignition distributor with MSD Blaster 2 coil.