VAS/vickauto shocks installed! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobea View Post
[Been using KONI all my adult life, any reason to switch. On both sports cars, and my R75 BEEMER.

Ive heard nothing but good things about Konis! I picked the Vickauto shocks due to pricing.. They were absurdly cheap brand NEW, I believe less than $200 shipped .

Id stay with the Konis, Ill try to report back on my shocks after some time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 09:46 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiert View Post
Stiffer then the Spica shocks then, how's the price compare to Koni Reds?

I use to have Koni Yellow's on the rear and felt they were too stiff with the IPA sport springs I have so I replaced them with a used set of Spica's.

Been thinking about trying the Koni Reds.
I have the reds in the rear, set to 50%, and yellows in front set very near 100%, and very happy with the compliance, Also IAP sport springs.

jeff

1982 Spider Veloce
1999 BMW R1100S
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 06:39 PM
Gold Subscriber

I just installed a set of the Vicks "Hydrasport" shocks in my S4. At 200 bucks shipped for the set of 4 I couldn't resist.

The dampers I removed from my car were Boge brand and marked as Alfa Romeo. I suspect they were original. Odometer reads 96K. The old items had almost no compression damping but still rebounded fairly well.

My initial test drive was a revelation. The car feels so much better in every respect.
I'm both very surprised and very happy.

Bill

1991 S4 Spider "Gabriela", 2017 VW Golf R, 2018 VW GTI,

Previous obsessions; 2006 Mustang GT, 2006 BMW Z4M, 5 other Bimmers, Capri V6, Renault 5, Lotus Cortina, Sunbeam Alpine, Ducati Diana Mk 3, Norton Commando

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode