1989 Spider Wiring Diagram, Motronic - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SkiBum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

1989 Spider Wiring Diagram, Motronic

Hi

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for the 1989 Spider? The 1989 spider is a rare bird, in that it has a series 3 body, but a series 4 engine. That was the last year for the series 3 bodystyle, but the cars came with the motronic engine, that the later Series 4 cars (1990 - 94) had.

This seems to be Alfa's procedure. They don't do a chassis switch and an engine switch in the same year. The new engine gets a one year tryout, before the chassis/body changes.

If you have this diagram, can you PM me, and I'll send you my email address.
I think the moderators don't want files posted to threads, so much. They are concerned about copyrighted material being posted onto the board, which is then possibly their problem.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:57 PM

Garage
If you have a series three body and Motronic it is a 1990 model in the US. Yes it has a one year only wiring diagram. I have 1989 April build with L-Jetronic, never seen one with motronic. It would be a lot of work to change over.
Attached Images

Richard
76 Alfetta GTV gone to rust haven, 89 Spider the red graduate, 86 GTV6 on wish list
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 04:38 PM

Garage
Papajam, the guru who makes the diagrams and holds copyright on them sadly passed away recently. Other moderators are working with his widow to possibly release them so Jim can live on helping us with our electrical woes as he has done so gladly in the past.
fiat20 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode