Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Spider boot cover vs seat belt retraction

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dbaliko 
#1 ·
Whenever I use the rear boot cover my seatbelts bind when trying to retract. So basically, they don’t retract on their own. I have to manually play with the belts once out of the car to get them to go reel back in. Is this normal? Or is there something that I can do differently to get them to work with the boot cover?

Doug

#2 ·
Doug: I have the same issue on my S4 Spider, but only on the passenger side. I'm reluctant to replace the entire seat belt assembly, but my spouse doesn't see the humor in only the driver's seatbelt working and the only airbag in the steering wheel..........

Figure I will address as a "spring" project, but like you welcome any advice on how to deal with the boot cover/seat belt friction. It may only take an adjustment on the retraction spring, or perhaps some non-stick treatment for the opening slot in the boot cover.

Thanks,

Steve

#3 ·
Steve,
I don’t think it has anything to do with the seatbelts. But rather the belts getting pinched, or at an angle going through the slot in the boot cover that restricts the belts from properly retracting.

Doug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.