lollipop nut size? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By NikosF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

lollipop nut size?

I need to replace the bolt that hold my lollipop reflector onto my rear bumper - it shook itself loose. What size do I need?

Car in question is 1967 Duetto. Lollipop is Carello 34.538.718.

I assume I need to get a stainless nut?

Thanks,

Nick
1967 Duetto 1600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 02:51 PM

The bolt or the nut? If just the nut, take it to Ace Hardware and find one that fits. I think the nut is about an M4 if I recall.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 03:31 PM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6alfas View Post
The bolt or the nut?
Yea, I had the same question.

Quote:
I think the nut is about an M4 if I recall.
Are we referring to the nut that holds the upright rod to the bumper? The threads visible in the photo below? My guess for that would be 6mm. The hardware that secures the circular reflector to the upright may be smaller.

Jay Mackro
San Juan Capistrano, CA

'63 Guilia spider
'65 Guilia Sprint GT
'67 Duetto
'91 164L

Last edited by Alfajay; 03-30-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 06:58 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
@Alfajay is right, it's an M6 nut. You'll also need to get a couple of other things. You'll need a fender washer, a couple of rubber washers and a star washer.
Attached Images

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys - I was originally just looking for the nut - but now I need to get the additional stuff Osso refers to - which make sense - and probably why my nut fell off originally (best I fix both sides before I lose the other).
ossodiseppia likes this.

Nick
1967 Duetto 1600
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Quick update - turns out I needed an M5 nut - perhaps that's because it's a repo rather than NOS?

All good though - reflector on the car, and hopefully it stays on. Now to get my reversing light mounted.

Nick
1967 Duetto 1600
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 07:49 PM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosF View Post
Quick update - turns out I needed an M5 nut - perhaps that's because it's a repo rather than NOS?
Who knows? 6alfas said 4 mm, I said 6 mm, so on average, we had it nailed. The key is that you solved your problem.

What's the question on the reversing light?

Jay Mackro
San Juan Capistrano, CA

'63 Guilia spider
'65 Guilia Sprint GT
'67 Duetto
'91 164L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode