Replacing water pump: Spica type vs Bosch type - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to levp
Replacing water pump: Spica type vs Bosch type

Hi guys,

I'm replacing water pump in my new 84 Spider.
The car has factory air con and because of that its original water pump is similar to cars with Spica injection, with the exception that mechanical tachometer exit is blanked off. There is also no gear on the crankshaft end inside the pump.

I'd like to replace this pump with a pump dedicated to fit on cars with Bosch injection (non aircon).
There is a small difference in an angle of the bottom hose and bottom part of the pump is flat - no exit for tachometer.

First question - will the Bosch type pump fit without blocking the crankshaft end?
Second question - will it be enough just to bend slightly radiator bottom hose because of difference in angle of bottom hose on the pump?
Spica type bottom hose is at 90 degrees, Bosch type bottom hose is at 45 degrees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode