Duetto - Interior color - Red - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Duetto - Interior color - Red

Hi everybody,

I'm Serge living in the South of France.
I currently working on an 2000 Touring (see this thread : http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/1900...w-project.html)
And I'm the owner of a 1969 Spider.

A friend of mine just bought a Duetto (1967).
The seats are red and the door panels are black.

(I'll post pictures latter, it is currently not working)

From my point of view the red configuration should be burgundy for the seats and the doors panels.
But may be Alfa propose the 2 colors, red and burgundy.
So the question is :
Is this red an original color for the Duetto ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 02:14 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Yes, the red is an interior color offered by Alfa. I have not ever seen a Spider with seats one color and the door cards another. So, the door cards should match the seats. Since you and your friend are new to round tail spiders, you can go to the DuettoInfo website and download the parts manuals for both cars.

These cars are very old and it's possible that some previous owner replaced the red door cards with black ones, or, replaced black seats with red ones. If you or your friend want the correct interior colors for you cars, you could contact Alfa to find out what was originally put in the car.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 02:24 AM

As OssodiSeppia said, the doors and seats came in the same colour. There are loads of pics at Duetto Register of Duettos in various colours and interiors. While browsing, welcome to jon the Duettoregister too.

[B]1967 Roundtail Spider, "Duetto" Mine since 1970. Meno parole, piú Duetto!.[/B]
My [B][COLOR="Red"]Duetto sites [/COLOR][/B]
and the [B][COLOR="Red"] Duetto Register [/COLOR][/B]
and
[B][COLOR="Red"] Duettoinfo [/COLOR][/B]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Thank you Brian and Wille R. for your answer.

Here are the pictures of the Duetto of my friend :

Grigio Grafite (very nice color) :

Name:  duetto10.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  165.4 KB

Its interior :

Name:  img_7410.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  128.1 KB

Do you think this type of red is the original color. From my point of view it should be burgundy.

Or may be there was 2 colors : One Red (like the picture) and one Burgundy ?

I'll join the Duettoregister ;-)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Platinum Subscriber

The Duetto interior red was brighter and lighter than the '69 and later burgundy. Perhaps not quite as bright as the seats pictured. Also, the burgundy vinyl is mottled with lighter and darker shades while the Duetto red vinyl is monochromatic.

It is a pretty car.

Mike Macaulay
Seattle

69 Spider
69 GTV
74 GTV
84 Spider Veloce
18 4C Spider
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 11:11 PM

Here is one from the Duetto Register with red interior.

[B]1967 Roundtail Spider, "Duetto" Mine since 1970. Meno parole, piú Duetto!.[/B]
and

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 09:52 AM

Garage
^^^ Willie, this looks exactly like my car, minus the fire extinguisher. Even the faded grey center carpet!

OP, I've never seen a bright red like that in a Duetto, but it's possible. It does look like those are newly re-covered to me. Note the difference in depth in the center seat section in the burgundy pic above, vs the red seats.

1967 1600 Spider

Last edited by Vivace; 12-04-2017 at 09:54 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 01:42 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivace View Post
^^^ Willie, this looks exactly like my car, minus the fire extinguisher. Even the faded grey center carpet!

OP, I've never seen a bright red like that in a Duetto, but it's possible. It does look like those are newly re-covered to me. Note the difference in depth in the center seat section in the burgundy pic above, vs the red seats.
Like this? Very red IMHO.

and

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 07:34 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
There really are two shades of "red" interiors. One is amaranth (amaranto). I think the amaranth is a dark, deep reddish color that most people call red. Rosso is THE only true red color. All of the available colors are listed in the parts manual.

Brian __________________________________

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 09:23 PM

Garage
Wille - Is that an original interior (original colors)? The one above it with the deep burgundy is the only one I've seen on Duettos. Lots of bright red ones in Giulias / Giuliettas. And that has carpets, not mats. Was the tunnel ever bright red?

1967 1600 Spider

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode