Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1985 Spider Schematic

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ghnl 
#1 ·
Where can I obtain a schematic (wiring diagram) for my 1985 Spider? Am building a car from assorted spare parts and need to know what type of Distributor it needs and how to connect it.

#2 ·
The best wire diagrams are made by BB member Papajam. Send him a PM (Private Message), ask for copies for your model/year Alfa and include your email address. He'll send you some .pd files that will make figuring out your car's wiring a lot easier.

I took my copies (on a flash drive) to an office supply store and had them print out color copies on 11" x 17" paper then plastic laminate them. Perfect for the garage!

Is your Alfa a USA version? The USA versions have Bosch L-jetronic FI & ignition. The L-jet distributor is nothing more than a cap & rotor. All controls (for spark timing) are controlled by the ignition computer. For more info about the L-jet Spiders see the link in my signature to a page of diagnostic info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.