Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Columbia, Missouri, USA
The engine is out! It lifted out vertically with little trouble. I went slowly, so to navigate the bellhousing studs around wires, hoses, and that throttle spring assembly.
I was able to manage the engine by myself without difficulty. I do wish my HF hoist had about a foot more reach to it. I had to place it right next to the car, but I used some old bath towels to protect the paint job.
Now I'm going to fabricate the engine stand adapter out of that 6x6 square tube. Tomorrow (I'm off on Mondays) is power-wash day for the engine bay, trans, and engine.
1988 Spider Veloce (with lots of 3D printed parts)