Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   Spider - 105 & 115 Series (1966-1994) (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-105-115-series-1966-1994/)
-   -   Has anyone fitted TZ replica wheels on a spider? (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-105-115-series-1966-1994/601210-has-anyone-fitted-tz-replica-wheels-spider.html)

Robertinwc 07-30-2017 01:52 PM

Has anyone fitted TZ replica wheels on a spider?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi all

These wheels from Classic Alfa have got my attention. Has anyone put them on a spider? Any photos? I've searched the bb and haven't found anything. Lots of GTA rims but not these. The Classic Alfa site shows them listed as an option though.

Here's a link and a photo.

WH040 5.5 x 15" TZ/Ti SUPER REPLICA ALLOY WHEEL

alfazagato 07-31-2017 06:51 AM

I think that Alfaholics use these 15" rims.....look on their site.

Robertinwc 07-31-2017 11:31 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked on their site and saw that they offer them for sale, In the gallery I didn't see any spiders with these wheels...

alfazagato 07-31-2017 12:15 PM

Look at their R series....they show a burgundy S2 with a V6 engine but with 15" wheels.

180OUT 07-31-2017 12:47 PM

It's the offsets that really matter. I think these have an ET of 36mm and are 5.5 in wide so they should fit without trouble. I think the TZ wheels w/ hubcaps would look great on a Spider.

Robertinwc 07-31-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfazagato (Post 7752186)
Look at their R series....they show a burgundy S2 with a V6 engine but with 15" wheels.

I saw this, but they look like GTA wheels to me... https://www.alfaholics.com/our-cars/...ider-r-v6-013/

Robertinwc 07-31-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 180OUT (Post 7752258)
It's the offsets that really matter. I think these have an ET of 36mm and are 5.5 in wide so they should fit without trouble. I think the TZ wheels w/ hubcaps would look great on a Spider.

Yes, according to their website it has a ET of 36. In fact in a photo of the backside of the wheel it's clearly stamped. I think they would too, but it's a big commitment so it would be helpful to see a photo of them mounted on a spider!

alfazagato 07-31-2017 02:46 PM

I think that they are 15" if you consider the proportions.

Robertinwc 07-31-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfazagato (Post 7752506)
I think that they are 15" if you consider the proportions.

They are 15" x 5.5".

maseratiguy 07-31-2017 09:16 PM

Give Alfaholics a call or Classic Alfa. They can tell you quickly and are graet guys.

Robertinwc 08-01-2017 03:22 PM

What I'm looking for is a photo of these wheels on a spider...

alfazagato 08-02-2017 02:34 AM

I think we are, like the wheels in question, going round in circles. From not only my post but from the others, we took your request to be..... would the 15" x 5 wheels fit and look OK on a Spider. It now appears that you want the visual reassurance of a photograph for aesthetic reasons I presume. May I ask what is behind this request? If you are at all concerned about aesthetics and proportion then stick with the 14" wheels and, by all means, go with the GTA style rims.

Robertinwc 08-02-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfazagato (Post 7754778)
I think we are, like the wheels in question, going round in circles. From not only my post but from the others, we took your request to be..... would the 15" x 5 wheels fit and look OK on a Spider. It now appears that you want the visual reassurance of a photograph for aesthetic reasons I presume. May I ask what is behind this request? If you are at all concerned about aesthetics and proportion then stick with the 14" wheels and, by all means, go with the GTA style rims.

Stuart, not sure where this came from, but to quote my original post "Has anyone put them on a spider? Any photos? I've searched the bb and haven't found anything." I don't know how else you could have interpreted that.

Yes, I'm looking to find "visual reassurance" from a photo.

Finally, again as noted in my original post, I had already seen plenty of GTA photos.

sloboy89 08-02-2017 10:31 AM

Photoshop them on and see what they look like.

Robertinwc 08-02-2017 10:45 AM

Rich

I thought of that, but an issue with these wheels is the center area. On a GTA there is a "hub" on the TZ it's a hole and I'm just not sure how it would look with the steel bearing cap... So I though someone's experience and an actual photo would be helpful


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002-2011 AlfaBB.com All Rights Reserved.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome