Has anyone fitted TZ replica wheels on a spider? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 11:14 AM

TZ wheels have holes for the bearing cap....if you want them for their accented ventilation holes then accept the hole and paint the cap silver. If not go with the GTA style. As a matter of interest my Lightweight has what you refer to as the TZ rims and my Spider has the GTA type but in the 14" variety.

Stuart
'57 Spider Veloce, '57 Lightweight, '60 SZ, '76 2000 Spider. '60 Sprint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I thought of that, but an issue with these wheels is the center area. On a GTA there is a "hub" on the TZ it's a hole and I'm just not sure how it would look with the steel bearing cap...
You can always order the Classic Alfa TZ replicas with clips fitted and run hubcaps.
Attached Images

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 11:19 AM

TZ rims have holes in them and that's the way they come. If you want them for aesthetic reasons then you have to accept the holes and paint the bearing cap silver if that is what is concerning you. For my money (and I have what you call the TZ rims on my lightweight and the GTA rims on my Spider) the 14" GTA rim with a 165 tyre is the best visual result.

Stuart
'57 Spider Veloce, '57 Lightweight, '60 SZ, '76 2000 Spider. '60 Sprint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

So, back to my original question... And I think it a simple and straightforward request, if someone has a photo with a spider fitted with the Classic Alfa TZ wheel I'd love to see it!

(Please, no more opinions on whether my request is valid or necessary.)

Thanks!

91 Spider
83 911SC
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
(Please, no more opinions on whether my request is valid or necessary.)

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

Hummm. I note that you haven't posted on the bb very many times so I am assuming that you may be relatively new to the bb. Nonetheless, whether you are new or a long-time lurker, there is a style of discourse here on the bb which is designed to elicit as much information as possible when people ask questions. Some of that information is direfctly useful, some of it discursive, some of it not particularly useful to the person asking the question but still useful in a generic sense, allowing others with similar interests to benefit from a wider context. Telling people who know a lot more about a subject than you do that their attempts to help are trivial is a dramatically poor way to communicate on the bb and an equally poor way to get help with your problem. I'm done.

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode