67 Duetto interior questions - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

67 Duetto interior questions

I am restoring #664841 from a race car back to stock. Since many things were not original and modified, we had to fill most holes in the door areas and of course new floorboards. After finishing the hard block sanding and next primer coat, we want to drill as many holes before finishing the painting process. I think that the 67s came with the rubber mat set and the tunnel carpet pieces. Is there insulation under the rubber mats and where? Are there holes to be drilled for installation of the mats and where, or is it glued? Same questions for the door chrome strips and the rear shelf vinyl.
Grazie,
Rod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Gold Subscriber

part of the rubber mats use press studs, and others, like trunk sides are using rubber plugs that you need holes for.

I suspect the factory to have punched those holes as most are under an angle, and not clean drill holes.

Best to get a complete mat set and test fit before sending your car to the painter. (as with all hardware basically..)

Best,
JC

JC de Koeijer

Giulia street rod, 1974 Spider Veloce, 2019 Giulia Super.

Last edited by JCDK; 01-03-2017 at 11:34 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 03:32 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Good advice from JC. Get the rubber mat set. I believe the new rubber floror mats do not come with the snaps attached. So, you will need to attach them first, then use them to locate the corresponding snap location on the floor. The fire wall should already have the holes for the snaps on the "front" of the mat.

Originally, the firewall, transmission tunnel, drive shaft tunnel and parcel shelf were all covered in sound proofing. I've seen a couple of roundtails with unmolested interiors. They had vinyl covering all of the sound proofing.

As I understand, original style sound proofing is available, I just don't know who carries it.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 05:40 PM

"As I understand, original style sound proofing is available, I just don't know who carries it."

Got mine from Re-Originals when I did my Duetto.

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:20 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Rod,

Here are a few pictures I took of a very, at the time, original 1600 Roundtail. I pulled back the rubber mats to expose the vinyl on the firewall and transmission tunnel. I believe the floors should also have insulation. The stuff that may have been in this car was probably removed due to water infiltration.
Attached Images

Brian __________________________________

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Gold Subscriber

Pics

Here's some photo's of the main rubber mats and the piece against the "end" of the floor.

You can see the press studs in the rubber floor mats and drape for the back seat, and the floor end piece was held to the floor by the studs that are secured by a ss parker.

The main boot floor mat is rubber plugs at the front, and press studs at the rear. their position matches 3 holes in the rear piece so they interlock..

The press studs appear to have painted black tops, as the rest is nickel.

Hope this helps.

I too went for the vinyl under matting, but used closed cell-foam as insulation. May not be original, but A, you don't see it, and B it will not act as a sponge as the old stuff did. Only my opinion...

JC de Koeijer

Giulia street rod, 1974 Spider Veloce, 2019 Giulia Super.

Last edited by JCDK; 01-04-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode