LED Tail Light Replacement Bulb - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 06:16 PM
But Mad North-Northwest
Platinum Subscriber

Gotcha, I thought those were the same end of the car. You're good.

Tom

1963 Giulia Spider (1750 engine)
1974 GTV
1991 Spider
Former: 1987 Milano Gold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 06:18 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubi View Post
Nice, but looks like you got yellow bulbs? If they're behind the red lens you should have gotten red. LEDs are narrow-band light sources (they only put out a narrow range of wavelengths) so if you don't match the LED to the lens you don't get proper brightness out of the overall system.
Tom,. They are red.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #48 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 06:20 PM

whats the number on them ill ask my guys and maybe i can find something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 03:48 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Today, I finished up the LED lights. I need to install the red blinker bulbs and the backup light bulb. For the backup light bulb, I went with a 900 lumen bulb. I think the 1440 lumen bulb would have fit, but I felt it might blind someone.

Below are before and after shots of the backup light. I think the LED is much brighter and scatters better. The one I ordered is:

LUYED 2X 900 lumen bulbs
Attached Images

Last edited by ossodiseppia; 03-31-2017 at 03:53 PM.
post #50 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 07:18 PM

Garage
Speaking of back up lights, has anyone ever rewired them so that they work whether the headlights are on or not?

Greg East
Loveland, CO USA
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'87 Porsche 944 turbo
'93 BMW 740i
post #51 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 07:47 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregeast View Post
Speaking of back up lights, has anyone ever rewired them so that they work whether the headlights are on or not?
On my list of things to do. You just need to move the wire on the back of the fuse box.

post #52 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 08:26 PM

Garage
That's what I was thinking as well. I had them working (with the headlights on) at one point but they seem to have gone AWOL again. Once I get that sorted out I'll rewire.

Greg East
Loveland, CO USA
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'87 Porsche 944 turbo
'93 BMW 740i
post #53 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 10:45 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
The last thing I did was to replace the thermal or bimetalic flasher relay. The combination of the bulbs did not pull enough current to make the flasher work. I looke at adjustable rate flashers because the traditional flasher was very slow and I wanted something that flashed at a higher rate. I settled for one from Amazon:

AUDEW 2-Pin Electronic Turn Signal Flasher Relay Fix Motorcycle Turn Signal Hyper Flash

This flasher does not make any noise. It is virtually silent. The only issue is that the blinkers on the dash do not go all the way dark between flashes. But, I can live with that.
Attached Images

alfaloco likes this.

post #54 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 04:17 PM

Will these work in my S4?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...QNSJC19Q&psc=1

And would I need a relay?

Mario
post #55 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 05:10 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
I don't know. They look long.

post #56 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
The last thing I did was to replace the thermal or bimetalic flasher relay. The combination of the bulbs did not pull enough current to make the flasher work. I looke at adjustable rate flashers because the traditional flasher was very slow and I wanted something that flashed at a higher rate. I settled for one from Amazon:
How did you wire this flasher up?

Tad
Alabama

'59 Sprint
'59 Spider Veloce
'61 Giulietta Spider- Street
'61 Giulietta Spider- Race
'67 Duetto
'67 Giulia Super
'71 Spider Veloce
'17 Giulia Q
post #57 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 09:44 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
It's plug and play.

post #58 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
It's plug and play.
Don't the Alfa's have like a 4 or 5 pin flasher relay? Plug into what?

Tad
Alabama

'59 Sprint
'59 Spider Veloce
'61 Giulietta Spider- Street
'61 Giulietta Spider- Race
'67 Duetto
'67 Giulia Super
'71 Spider Veloce
'17 Giulia Q
post #59 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 12:03 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadslc View Post
Don't the Alfa's have like a 4 or 5 pin flasher relay? Plug into what?

I used the word flasher and you might be getting that mixed up with emergency flasher. I replaced the blinker relay under the dash with the orange one from Amazon. I hope that helps.

post #60 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 12:14 PM

Garage
I think S3's and S4's use a different relay with 4 prongs than the one ossodisepia is using in his S1 (and that I just ordered for my S2).
ossodiseppia likes this.

Greg East
Loveland, CO USA
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'87 Porsche 944 turbo
'93 BMW 740i

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode