Duetto windshield replacement - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 09:03 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfajay View Post
Gee, I don't think I'd call that "fitting well". What was the source/brand of that undersized windshield?

I put a ProSource windshield + Classic Alfa seal in my Duetto a few years ago. It just went in, with no futzing around needed. My installer did use black sealant at the base of the gasket, where it fits over the clips - rainwater would certainly come in around the clips without sealant. I don't think he applied any sealant between the glass and gasket.
It was a ProSource product and I am quite happy with it even though I needed to jump through a couple extra hoops to make it work.

I think that is a "fits well" for reproduction parts. "Fits horribly" or "doesn't fit at all" is all too common with reproduction stuff. Actually, "isn't correct" is my usual complaint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 09:41 AM

Garage
FYI, Here is the e-mail from Richard for anyone else that is looking for a Series 1 windshield now:

We show those on order Ira from FYG in the near future so we will get confirmation in the coming weeks. The eta is probably later in the Fall. I know they will be clear for $254. If interested I would contact us by Sept. I am now part of Mygrant Glass, the largest distributor of automotive glass in the USA.

Thanks,

Richard

ProSource Glass international
Toll Free 877-345-2800 US & Canada
978-975-5400
978-790-4657 Cell
Prosource Glass International

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode