MAY DAY, MAY DAY! Insurance says my car is not a alfa romeo quadrifoglio?? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

MAY DAY, MAY DAY! Insurance says my car is not a alfa romeo quadrifoglio??

Told insurance company that the quadrifoglio came with a factory hardtop. Apparently optional in 1986. They say my car is a veloce? They need proof that it was a quadrifoglio. Maybe the guy i bought it from changed it to one????? The reason being i'm trying to get them to pay extra for the total loss of the car. I am not sure how you would verify that. Here is a picture of my vin number. This is tied to this thread. http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spid...surance-3.html. Someone who is knowledgeable on the vin numbers please help. Thank you.
Attached Images

Last edited by Chizel; 10-07-2016 at 06:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Glove box. With the factory light.
Attached Images

Last edited by Chizel; 10-07-2016 at 06:02 AM.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
I think they are correct as my Alfa Flat Rate PA48950 manual lists VIN series BA 541 as series 115.503 for Spider 2000 MY 86.

VIN BA560 series 115.561 is Spider Quadrif, Verde MY 86.

It is what it is my friend sorry.

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Maintenance Sticky:

Alfa Semi-Daily driver: USA model - BB2 1991 164S Black Beauty II ALFISTO [U]

[U] BB1 1991 164L w/S engine and A/T now excess to inventory [U]

Daily driver and parts hauler but not car hauler 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7L H.O. V-8

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Registered Member
Gold Subscriber

Phone dial wheels
Quadrifoglio badges
2 tone interior (red/grey)
skirt package

Mike

'87 Quadrifoglio
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Trunk carpet still red. The interior was changed to black.
Attached Images

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Man this could really suck, if its not a true quad.
Attached Images

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Alfa Spider VIN data Corrected see new post below.

Alfa Spider VIN data from Alfa Shop flat Rate manual. This is what I have available for what it is worth.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf AlfaSpiderVindata.pdf (1.08 MB, 96 views)

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

My Maintenance Sticky:

Daily driver and parts hauler but not car hauler 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7L H.O. V-8

Last edited by Alfisto Steve; 10-06-2016 at 02:55 PM.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Wowzers! This is getting scary.
Attached Images

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisto Steve View Post
Alfa Spider VIN data from Alfa Shop flat Rate manual. This is what I have available for what it is worth.
You are a guru around here. So if you say something, its valid or true. Thanks for looking into it. Insurance wants to give me 9700. I'm trying to squeeze more money out of them, for the hard top. And if its not a true quad, well it had on a hardtop when it got damaged. What do i tell them now? Crapola!

Last edited by Chizel; 10-07-2016 at 06:04 AM.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 02:22 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Does the VIN on the firewall match that on the dash and door jam?

If the hard top is undamaged, remove it from the car and sell it.

Brian __________________________________

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 02:54 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
YES you do have a 86 Quad based on shop manual pg 00-5

Quote:
Shop flat rate maual must be wrong for 86 Quad.

STOP HOLD the phone! OK here is page 00-5 out of 86-88 shop manual and ZARBA541 G1040011 series is a 86 Verde aka QUAD where as G1036011 series is a veloce and G1042511 series is a graduate.

So you do have a Quad it looks like
Attached Images
File Type: pdf AlfaSpiderVindata2.pdf (922.8 KB, 85 views)

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

My Maintenance Sticky:

Last edited by Alfisto Steve; 10-06-2016 at 03:05 PM.
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizel View Post
You are a guru around here. So i you say something, its valid and true. Thanks for looking into it. Insurance wants to give me 9700. Was trying to squeeze more money out of them, for the hard top. And if its not a true quad, it had on a hardtop when it got damaged. What do i tell them now? Crapola!
Tell them VIN ZARBA541 G1040011 series is a 86 Quad according to PA374800000003 Spider shop manual dated Nov 1987.

See pdf copy of pg 00-5
Attached Images
File Type: pdf AlfaSpiderVindata2.pdf (922.8 KB, 70 views)
John533i likes this.

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

My Maintenance Sticky:

post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Tell them VIN ZARBA541 G1040011 series is a 86 Quad according to PA374800000003 Spider shop manual dated Nov 1987.

See pdf copy of pg 00-5
You are awesome!! I owe you a pizza. Let me know when you are ready for delivery. I will relay this information too, unlike a good neighbor, state farm is not there.
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Shop flat rate maual must be wrong for 86 Quad.

STOP HOLD the phone! OK here is page 00-5 out of 86-88 shop manual and ZARBA541 G1040011 series is a 86 Verde aka QUAD where as G1036011 series is a veloce and G1042511 series is a graduate.

So you do have a Quad it looks like
So, when i go to the page. It shows its a spider? So the spider, is the spider quadrifoglio? Just wanna be ready when they say; ( it's a spider according to the manual)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode