hand brake boot/cover - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

hand brake boot/cover

could any one tell me how the handbrake rubber boot/cover stays in place? ever time I let the hand brake off (lower position) the rear of the rubber boot lifts up? should there be a strap that holds it in place?

Thanks for any help....
Attached Images

1971 Alfa spider 1750............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 01:56 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to garwood1
It's normally attached to the ribbed floor matting (missing in your pic). I think mine was stitched in place, but a mechanic cut the stitches to access the ratchet mechanism a few years ago, and I haven't got 'round to re-securing it !

Chris
1977 Spider 2000
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 02:24 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
It's stitched to the carpet.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Great, thanks guys... Time to come up with a solution!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 08:36 AM

I made a new leather boot that went over the original rubber, but I have carpets. I left the boot long enough to tuck under the carpet.

Red 1974 Spider (Restoring!)

Blue 1974 Spider (Sold 12/2016)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

I am fitting carpets too so that may be a good option....Thanks for sharing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyspider View Post
I made a new leather boot that went over the original rubber, but I have carpets. I left the boot long enough to tuck under the carpet.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 09:33 AM

I used the Alfaholic's carpet set on mine, but added a little twist with burgundy stitching to the carpet edging, and boots to match my upholstery.
The pieces were of excellent quality, but I did have a fitment issue with the sill/rocker pieces. I spoke with Alfaholics and they were going to figure out why that was so, so maybe check with them that it is resolved now?

The shape of the handbrake boot was kinda like this, but I did multiple versions, and I am not sure this was the final one, but close..

I also picked apart the shift boot to copy it, and boy, its a weird asymmetrical shape!

My shift boot.

Red 1974 Spider (Restoring!)

Blue 1974 Spider (Sold 12/2016)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Excellent interior colour... thats what I have in mine, however I have just had some burgundy carpets made to match them... I like your gear boot cover and try and do the same...

Quote:
I used the Alfaholic's carpet set on mine, but added a little twist with burgundy stitching to the carpet edging, and boots to match my upholstery.
The pieces were of excellent quality, but I did have a fitment issue with the sill/rocker pieces. I spoke with Alfaholics and they were going to figure out why that was so, so maybe check with them that it is resolved now?

The shape of the handbrake boot was kinda like this, but I did multiple versions, and I am not sure this was the final one, but close..

I also picked apart the shift boot to copy it, and boy, its a weird asymmetrical shape!

My shift boot.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 02:59 AM

Quote:

My shift boot.
Very good. I take some ideas from you. Thanks.

flames ॐ waves

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode