Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Where the heck does this connect?

727 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RenaissanceMan 
#1 ·
Putting the interior back together and cannot for the life of me figure out where this plug with 2 black/1 red connects. Picture attached. It's part of the same little breakout harness that also includes the passenger footwell light. (Also attached pic of that for clarity). I took pictures of my entire disassembly but don't have record of this plug. Any ideas? Maybe it wasn't connected to anything??

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know what you have (S2, S3, S4), but if S3 or S4, the first thing that comes to mind in the area of the passenger footwell light is the pull out map light from the glove box. I beleive the light was an option on some and perhaps standard on others, but imagine the harness would be there regardless??

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have an S3. i actually just found a 2nd connector identical to it hiding under the dash. Must have been they weren't connected to anything. I was pretty meticulous with my picture logging. It's just been so long since I've been able to work on the car that my memory has faded some. ?

#4 · (Edited)
The second picture is for the footwell light. The black wire is constant ground. The white is "timed/door" ground and the red is live all the time.

The footwell lights are switches themselves. They can be switched from on, to doors, to full off. There are supposed to be springs and ball bearings on the one side to complete the circuit for the different positions. Took me a while to figure all this out when I was trying to get the lights working in my spider. That is the reason I mention it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.