What did you do Alfa Spider related today? - Page 29 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #421 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 10:56 AM

Video is unavailable- were you driving naked with Metallica playing loud? YT frowns on that stuff

86 spider Veloce
74 TR6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 01:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
just getting familiar with GoPro and You Tube:
Hmmm. Take a little more time with them and get back to us.

Spending my kids' inheritance one mechanic at a time.
post #423 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Me too, sorta. It originally worked on my desktop but not on my laptop since I had not saved my password for BB access from it. It took several tries to change my password so everything seems to work and I can view the video now. Lots of steering wheel movement searching for front grip on the coated asphalt surface. Gotta reduce the dreaded understeer so coilovers planned for the winter to achieve more suspension adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John533i View Post
Video is unavailable...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

George Schweikle

1976 Spider (Dedicated Autocrosser, "SPICA, No Carbs")
1991 Spider Veloce (Retirement cruiser)
Scuderia Non Originale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #424 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Platinum Subscriber

AhHa!. My video on You Tube was logged as "Private". Just changed to "Public". It appeared on my laptop and should be available for viewing (Ain't technology wonderful?)

Quote:
=conedriver;7907169]Me too, sorta. It originally worked on my desktop but not on my laptop since I had not saved my password for BB access from it. It took several tries to change my password so everything seems to work and I can view the video now. Lots of steering wheel movement searching for front grip on the coated asphalt surface. Gotta reduce the dreaded understeer so coilovers planned for the winter to achieve more suspension adjustment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

George Schweikle

Scuderia Non Originale
post #425 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conedriver View Post
...Gotta reduce the dreaded understeer .....
Aah understeer. The bane of autocross. It's almost like drifting, where overseer is a way of life. I always liked a bit of oversteer even on a fast track, and can't live without it in AX. Makes leaving the apex a bit exciting, but superb adrenaline rush when you hit it right. On the track it takes nerve to stay hard on the throttle when the car is sliding toward the exit curb. This is "THE EDGE" that everyone talks about. Nail a full power exit and you'll gain on all your competitors. (And occasionally (rarely we hope) take a ride in the gravel overrun). There is a very small difference between 10/10ths and 11/10ths. But 9/10ths is called the first looser....

This itself is the biggest difference between american auto design and european approaches. They like a bit of oversteer as their roads are often slow and twisty, where a bit of natural oversteer helps get around.

American cars live with wide sweeping highways and broad city roads. Understeer helps the manufacturers avoid lawsuits.

My race driving instructor - way back in history - said the difference between oversteer and understeer is which end goes through the fence if you've overdone the corner. ;-)

Robert
post #426 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 05:29 PM

I put the hard top on, finally. Sure wish I could get the rear defrost to work, though...winter project?

86 spider Veloce
74 TR6
post #427 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Please view the video in post #420. Just a check to see if my changes made the link work.

Thanks...
Sfizio and John533i like this.

George Schweikle

Scuderia Non Originale
post #428 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 03:49 PM

Garage
Spent the 1st 30 minutes on my day off transferring the Title and Reg for my new Alfa!
Then I took an hour long cruise through the winding roads of the Ramapo Mountains.
I spent last Sunday detailing the car inside and out, so it looks great, but experienced a lot of exhaust buzz and metallic clanking
from the front left front over the slightest bumps.Other than that it drives great.
Returned home and changed the Trans and Rear diff fluid.
Adjusted the generic rear tailpipe hanger and then went after the metallic clank noise!!!!!!
Suspension and sway bar links check ok.
Adjusted front wheel bearings.
I thought it might be the hood prop rod or the door check, but no dice.
I found the clutch pedal pivot arm makes a loud clank when moved side to side.
Every where I look, I find something that MIGHT be making that noise.
OH Well
There's nothing like an Alfa!!
You gotta love it
post #429 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
I put the hard top on, finally. Sure wish I could get the rear defrost to work, though...winter project?
you got the switch (the one that is both 4 way flashers and rear defroster) and the relay fitted, right?

if not, over in the classifieds is this:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/7779666-post1.html

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.
post #430 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 05:31 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderserie4 View Post
you got the switch (the one that is both 4 way flashers and rear defroster) and the relay fitted, right?

if not, over in the classifieds is this:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/7779666-post1.html
You also need the relay that goes in the fusebox.

1969 1750 Spider Veloce w/dual webers, 1969 1750 Berlina, 1971 1750 Spider Veloce w/ dual webers, 1985 Spider Veloce 23,000 orig. miles, {Two} 1986 Spider Veloces, 1987 Spider Veloce bought new, 1988 Quadrifoglio, 1991 164S, Plus several more. I think they are breeding.
I just got 2 more. Now I have a Matta. I must be crazy.
post #431 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 02:58 PM

Yeah, I found a switch on Ebay and a relay. Are there supposed to be two relays? I have one in the fusebox...
Probably more of a question for another thread, but if the gauge pod bulb for the defroster was bad, would it keep the defroster from working? Mine doesn't light, but I have at least 3 other out also.

86 spider Veloce
74 TR6
post #432 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I found a switch on Ebay and a relay. Are there supposed to be two relays? I have one in the fusebox...
Probably more of a question for another thread, but if the gauge pod bulb for the defroster was bad, would it keep the defroster from working? Mine doesn't light, but I have at least 3 other out also.
just the one relay.
no, I don't think the gauge light out will effect anything....but its easy enough to remove the pod and replace those bad bulbs.

you did connect the hard top wiring connector behind the driver's door, right
check power there?

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.
post #433 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 04:51 AM

I bought some hubcaps from Fred
post #434 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 04:59 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Just one relay. Alfa moved the the location of the relay around on the fusebox. I think the location difference is whether you have a bullet fusebox or the blade style fusebox.

1969 1750 Spider Veloce w/dual webers, 1969 1750 Berlina, 1971 1750 Spider Veloce w/ dual webers, 1985 Spider Veloce 23,000 orig. miles, {Two} 1986 Spider Veloces, 1987 Spider Veloce bought new, 1988 Quadrifoglio, 1991 164S, Plus several more. I think they are breeding.
I just got 2 more. Now I have a Matta. I must be crazy.
post #435 of 1798 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 08:48 AM

Garage
Took the '85 Veloce for a 170-mile spin south and west through the mountains yesterday. Pretty chilly at altitude, but tolerable with a few layers and the heat turned up - better after I remembered that the dash vents only pass fresh air and closed them! Took a little detour out to the Royal Gorge where I haven't been for years; not my pic - probably taken from a quadcopter or full-size heli:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode