Jack stand placement - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By ghnl
  • 1 Post By pennzo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Jack stand placement

I finally have my barn find back here in Florida! I'm putting her on jack stands and would love to know if what I'm doing is best.....

For the front stands, I have them under the front members that run parallel with the body of the car, not on the edge where the jack point is...

For the back, I'd like to use the rear axle as my support point, as I'm not sure where else to put them for support....

I'll be taking off the tires, replacing the entire braking system, fuel system, etc....she actually started for me when I put a battery to her and 2 gallons of 93 Octane, but Centerline chastised me for my foolishness...well deserved, though...my passion and excitement to see if she ran outweighed my common sense... ;(

Thanks for your time!

Eddie "pennzo" Gerlach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 09:41 AM
BB Janitor
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennzo View Post
I have them under the front members that run parallel with the body of the car, not on the edge where the jack point is...
Not sure what this means.

Quote:
For the back, I'd like to use the rear axle as my support point, as I'm not sure where else to put them for support...
Works fine.

Before you get under the car, shake it side to side & front to back. Make sure it is secure!
pennzo likes this.

- - Eric
don't read this
~ 1984 Spider Veloce ~
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@ghnl,

Thank you!....I'm trying to attach a picture, but it's way too dense to upload...trying to compress the photo so I can share where the front jack stands are at now, but not having much success.....oh, also, Phil at Centerline confirmed the placement of the back jack stands as well.....as long as I have some rags between the axle as to not monkey it up too badly....

BTW, I've got the back tires off...will send photos once I can "make them smaller", as my Android seems to take 5 MB pics...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here we go..perhaps this will help.....thank God I didn't try to take her anywhere....there's all kind of stuff missing, disconnected, etc.....
Attached Images

Norseman50 likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennzo View Post
@ghnl,

Thank you!....I'm trying to attach a picture, but it's way too dense to upload...trying to compress the photo so I can share where the front jack stands are at now, but not having much success.....oh, also, Phil at Centerline confirmed the placement of the back jack stands as well.....as long as I have some rags between the axle as to not monkey it up too badly....

BTW, I've got the back tires off...will send photos once I can "make them smaller", as my Android seems to take 5 MB pics...
You can resize photos on your Android phone:
  • Go to Gallery
  • Select your photo to display
  • Select (at least on my Android phone) Adjustment
  • Select Resize and reduce your photo's size
  • Select Done

Alternatively you can transfer your photos to a Mac/Win computer and do it there.

FWIW I too am annoyed that the BB does not automatically adjust photo sizes on upload. Other BB's do that.

1974 Spider
Work gets in the way of my hobbies. Nothing takes just 5 minutes.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you, @BobG! I went to my Gallery Settings and reduced all further photos to 2 MB for the time being..hope the ones above are good to display, but will write these instructions so in the future when I post, the pics will be very clear....

Oh, BTW, I have 4 Chromadora's and 1 Campagnolo....I can now see the subtle differences...if I were to replace, do we go with a different style consistent with the period, or have these professionally refurbished/brightened/chromed? Not sure shiny is the answer, but what I have certainly isn't going to cut it, either!

Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode