Quick Jack - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:19 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbaliko View Post
But can we use the 5000 on a Spider? I would think that the side lifts would be too long?

Doug
Yes, the 5000 can be used on a Spider but the lifts have to be positioned exactly right. They barely fit within the wheelbase and you have to keep in mind that the platform is raised an an angle. So it may fit while in the lowered position but make contact with the tire as it goes up. As noted above, I use a floor jack on the differential to first raise the rear an inch or two, to get some extra clearance as the Quickjack is raised. It's a bit of a hassle but, after having done it a few times, it all goes pretty quickly (!).... I usually don't need the floor jack when lowering the car.

Understand having to also use a floor jack defeats the purpose somewhat but I use the Quickjack to get the car in position for projects over the winter and tend to leave it up for several months. So it's not like I am constantly raising and lowering it. If you are only going to use it on a Spider, I would get the 3500 version. But if you need the 5000 for another car, it can also be made to work for a Spider.

Jim McDonald
Minneapolis, MN
'74 Spider
'70 Giulia 1300TI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 10:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Meanie View Post
Yes, the 5000 can be used on a Spider but the lifts have to be positioned exactly right. They barely fit within the wheelbase and you have to keep in mind that the platform is raised an an angle. So it may fit while in the lowered position but make contact with the tire as it goes up. As noted above, I use a floor jack on the differential to first raise the rear an inch or two, to get some extra clearance as the Quickjack is raised. It's a bit of a hassle but, after having done it a few times, it all goes pretty quickly (!).... I usually don't need the floor jack when lowering the car.

Understand having to also use a floor jack defeats the purpose somewhat but I use the Quickjack to get the car in position for projects over the winter and tend to leave it up for several months. So it's not like I am constantly raising and lowering it. If you are only going to use it on a Spider, I would get the 3500 version. But if you need the 5000 for another car, it can also be made to work for a Spider.
Thanks- that's helpful. The Quick Jack range is in an uncomfortable middle ground for me. The 5,000 is a bit too big for the spider, but my Subaru is a bit too close to the weight limit of the 3,500 for comfort. I'd really like something that can lift more than the spider. There also don't appear to be any deals on the 3,500 right now.
Green Meanie likes this.
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 02:07 PM

Garage
On sale again at Costco, $999 delivered, until 7/21.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 05:13 PM
Gold Subscriber

I bought the 5000 Lb version for $1000 free shipping from COSTCO in J.an 2019 You have to do a little assembly and there are many company videos very detailed. Here is something you may not know you can get a version powered by 12Volts great for the track.. 120V and I am almost certain 220V. Works great and somewhat easy to move around.
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 06:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFAC3005 View Post
I bought the 5000 Lb version for $1000 free shipping from COSTCO in J.an 2019 You have to do a little assembly and there are many company videos very detailed. Here is something you may not know you can get a version powered by 12Volts great for the track.. 120V and I am almost certain 220V. Works great and somewhat easy to move around.
Can the side lifts be shortened on the 5000 to better fit a Spider?

Doug

Doug - 1989 Spider Quadrifoglio S3 (Black)
Member of the Italian Car Club of North Texas & AROC
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 06:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbaliko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danix View Post
Costco has the Quickjack BL-5000SLX for $999.99 through 5/28. Shipping included.
But can we use the 5000 on a Spider? I would think that the side lifts would be too long?

Doug
After doing some research, it appears the 5000 has been offered in 3 different lengths. The current “SLX” is actually a bit shorter than when it initially came out. It works for the Miata, so probably for spiders.

1986 Spider Veloce Turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode