Distributor for 67 Duetto - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Distributor for 67 Duetto

I recently decided to restore my father's old Duetto. Since I don't have a garage where I live, I have started taking small pieces to restore at home.

I picked up a spare distributor from the shelf on my last trip. Its a Bosch 041, but the interEurope manual does not indicate if this part is for the Duetto.

I could check the distributor on the car, but I am a few hundred miles away from home.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll probably become a regular on this board in the coming years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Trained (ex)Professional

1953-2018 RIP

Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Welcome to the Board, asuppe.

The Spider 1600 (Duetto) was originally fitted with the Bosch 041 distributor.

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Bosch Distributors

I have two 67 Duetto's. US versions. The one that I know has the original engine (as least as far as I know back to about the later 70's has a Bosch distributor. The one that I puchased several years ago and apparently has a newer engine, had Marelli Motoplex. I put my old Bosch distributor in it after I spent many months trying to get it to start again after it died and wouldn't start again no matter what I tried. When I changed the distributor, it started right up.

Tom

(2) 1967 Duettos (currently being made into one decent driver)
1995 Nero & Tan 164Q as a second daily driver (at least in the summer) and 164LS repair project
99 Ford Taurus SHO (my daily driver, especially in the winter)
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife's DD and to haul the boat).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 06:11 AM

I was having problems with my old Marelli distributer, engine was missing and intermittantly running rough. I replaced it with a Bosch electronic breakerless setup (I believe I bought it from Centerline, possibly International Auto Parts)- starts right up everytime for the last four years, no reliability problems, no points to mess with and looks original (as original as the Bosch equipped Duettos, anyway!)- maybe something to consider- good luck getting the old Duetto back on the road!

Dan Walker
'67 Duetto
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. The distributor is in pretty good condition, just needs a little cleaning. So I now have part number 1 of many Should keep me busy for few years.

Next come the brakes. By necessity. The car has been sitting so long that it doesn't roll anymore!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode