Kevlar Stage 2 clutch and high pressure, pressure plate. - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Kevlar Stage 2 clutch and high pressure, pressure plate.

Should be in very soon, I'll let you all know if this lightened clutch and high pressure, pressure plate was worth the investment...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 01:28 PM
1966-2013
Platinum Subscriber

As you're changing clutch plate compounds, it might be worth your while to look very carefully at the flywheel roughness specs for the new stuff for when the flywheel gets machined (you are getting the flywheel resurfaced aren't you?) as it may be different that what stock calls for.

Darren
'84 manufacture ~ '85 MY Spider Graduate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

as hosted by

&
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
As you're changing clutch plate compounds, it might be worth your while to look very carefully at the flywheel roughness specs for the new stuff for when the flywheel gets machined (you are getting the flywheel resurfaced aren't you?) as it may be different that what stock calls for.
Not yet arrived, so, no, I've not yet had the flywheel machined just yet, also, still haven't recieved my back ordered rear tranny seal from IAP yet. Still got to install rear crankshaft seal also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

There was no specs included with the clutch for "roughness". This a SPEC Stage 2 (pure kevlar) clutch, pressure plate, release bearing and tool kit.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Still no specs for roughness, I would of thought that the flywheel gets treated the same as rotors, just nice and flat and true, I don't see how a flywheel would be turned rough, anyone?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 02:24 PM
1966-2013
Platinum Subscriber

It's not actually 'rough', it's how 'not smooth' they make it.

There has to be a certain amount of friction there initially (rotors too) so that things can bed in properly, otherwise you end up with slippage or chatter.

Darren

as hosted by

&
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
It's not actually 'rough', it's how 'not smooth' they make it.

There has to be a certain amount of friction there initially (rotors too) so that things can bed in properly, otherwise you end up with slippage or chatter.
I've turned many a rotors in my garage days, there was never a spec on roughness or "not smooth" for the rotors. You'd do a "fast cut" and then go over it in "slow cut" where most of the metal was shaved off uniformly.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 02:39 PM
1966-2013
Platinum Subscriber

From the manual, complete with roughness spec.

The not scanned so well rougness numbers on the rotor:

Top number, 0.4 0.9 circular
Bottom number 0.5 1.2 radial

Attached Images

Darren

as hosted by

&
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
From the manual, complete with roughness spec.

The not scanned so well rougness numbers on the rotor:

Top number, 0.4 0.9 circular
Bottom number 0.5 1.2 radial
Thanks for those numbers, that is a smooth cut, not a rough cut. "Roughness" as described is how smooth the cut is (not smooth as in touch), meaning how fast the blade travels across the rotor, not how "rough" the rotor or flywheel will be. You must remember, the cuts are being made as the unit is spinning, roughness, would be from center out for friction, not flowing with the spin.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Either way, those numbers are helpful for me, thanks Tifosi!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 02:52 PM
1966-2013
Platinum Subscriber

No problem, I didn't even have to get out of my chair

Darren

as hosted by

&
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
No problem, I didn't even have to get out of my chair
LOL, No please don't stand up on my account!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode