Workshop manual Spider 1985 2.0 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ghnl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Question Workshop manual Spider 1985 2.0

After five years of "guessing" and "trying" I think its time to get a good worskshop manaul for the potential problem to come. Any ideas on what to get and not? I´d like as detailed information as possible and think that Haynes owners manual will be too thin

Any thoughts on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:15 AM
1966-2013
Platinum Subscriber

If you could find a Haynes, yes, it would prolly not suit your needs. (I know I looked for one and couldn't come up with it and after emailing them directly, was told there's not enough market for that particular era of spiders to create a book)

Pat Braden's books are well worth having for some hints, tidbits, useful information and shortcuts.

Cardisc is supposed to be pretty good, and several vendors have actual reproductions of the service shop level books. (big fat 100's of pages long type books)

As yours is the year it is, you'll prolly need 3 books though if you go the service manual route:

The workshop manual, which covers taking apart and putting together almost everything and includes wiring diagrams (which will probably not accurately reflect your wiring in certain areas)

The engine manual, which is dedicated strictly to the engine rebuilding, checks, inspections, etc.

The Bosch L-Jetronic w/Motronic digital ignition manual which covers those systems and has an addendum for AC in the back.

Darren
'84 manufacture ~ '85 MY Spider Graduate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

as hosted by

&
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 AM
BB Janitor
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Garage
I have the CD from Car Disc. It is scans of various Alfa Shop Manuals - whole car, engine rebuild, electrical diagrams, convertible top, even owner's manual and TSP's (Technical Service bulletins).

IMO it is a good value. It is not 'searchable' (that'd make it a great value). Many folks like an old fashioned paper manual. I just print out the relevant page if/when needed. And if that page gets greasy, no big deal.

Also get Pat Braden's books. Although not written for a specific Alfa model the info is very useful and written with the home mechanic in mind.

Finally, PM BB member PapaJam. Ask him to email you a copy of his excellent color-coded wire diagrams for your model Spider. They are vastly superior to the ones in the Alfa shop manual. He'll suggest (voluntary) a donation to this BB. Please consider doing so. This BB will be one of your best resources in keeping your Alfa alive.
Evildad likes this.

- - Eric
don't read this
~ 1984 Spider Veloce ~
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:41 PM

Location: I live in Italy, ia a country house, 70 km from Milan
Hi Swedenspider!
I'm the author of the official Alfa Romeo workshop manual for Spider. I start my job at Arese in 1984 and that manual was one of my first works... sich!!!
What language you need? I think I have the base manual for Europa version (Cardisc I think has only the USA version, with electronic injection only). The date is may 1985.
Tell me if you need a copy of the manual... paper version...

Ciao
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:01 PM
BB Janitor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorz View Post
I'm the author of the official Alfa Romeo workshop manual for Spider. I start my job at Arese in 1984 and that manual was one of my first works...
Well, nice to 'meet' you.

And you are correct, the Car Disc CD has only the USA manuals. I did not take notice of the location of SwedenSpider. I suppose the name was a clue...!

- - Eric
don't read this
~ 1984 Spider Veloce ~
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

I just orderd a copy of the cardisc CD yesterday and from what they say on their webb site I gather that at least some European version are included (mine is a Veloce 1985). Maybe there are more than one Cardisc company?

Cardisc information:
“The Alfa Romeo Spider (Series 3) CarDisc CD is a CD-Rom containing images of the original factory publications. This one CD includes the factory shop manuals, owner's manual, sales brochures, technical specifications, technical service bulletins, wiring diagrams, photo gallery and a short Alfa Romeo Heritage video. It covers all the USA models from 1982 through 1990 and also the European Specification Spiders with either the 1600 or 2000 engine from 1983 through 1989. It also covers all the various Spider models such as: Veloce, Graduate and Quadrifoglio.
This is a very comprehensive collection of publications that is indispensable to anyone that owns, maintains or is restoring their 115 series Alfa Romeo Spider.”
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 09:58 AM

Garage
The Alfa Romeo Spider (Series 3) CarDisc CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorz View Post
Hi Swedenspider!
I'm the author of the official Alfa Romeo workshop manual for Spider. I start my job at Arese in 1984 and that manual was one of my first works... sich!!!
What language you need? I think I have the base manual for Europa version (Cardisc I think has only the USA version, with electronic injection only). The date is may 1985.
Tell me if you need a copy of the manual... paper version...

Ciao
where can I buy a copy from please let me know.

Mario
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 02:12 PM
BB Janitor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakhai1 View Post
Click this: CarDisc International Ltd. - Alfa Romeo Manuals, Giulietta Manuals, Giulia Manuals, GTV Manuals, Spider Manuals, American Austin & American Bantam

- - Eric
don't read this
~ 1984 Spider Veloce ~
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 03:41 PM

Hello
I'm looking for the workshop manual of the Alfa spider 1985-1986 with especially the wiring diagrams.
Would it be possible to get a copy ?
dino"DOT"piccolo"AT"mail"DOT"be
thanks
best regards
dino
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakhai1 View Post

Mario
I too am very interested in a manual for the Spider S3 1985 especially with electrics and wiring for the European model ( please not the USA version !! ) How do I reach you please to buy this manual ?? Many thanks Brian.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode