Msiert's Black Spider Project - Page 116 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1726 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 05:20 AM
Platinum Subscriber

X2 to Murray. Best wishes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smestas View Post
I'm hoping that the new owner will enjoy the car as much as you and all of us have over the years.

Thank You for always sharing your updates with us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

George Schweikle

1976 Spider (Dedicated Autocrosser, "SPICA, No Carbs")
1991 Spider Veloce (Retirement cruiser)
Scuderia Non Originale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1727 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, it all started when I was helping my Dad list his 1931 Model A Ford Roadster in Hemming's. I thought why not list my Alfa and 1983 BMW too.

Darkside Member
post #1728 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 06:59 AM
Gold Subscriber

Murray

Times change....explains no posting about the "Darkside" or that "Black cars are faster" since 2012.

Missed your postings before you are actually departing the brethren..

You can still keep the black bandaids.

Caio,

Bob,
Avatar is the 68 Super, bought new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1729 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

I'll always be a Darkside Member with black band aids and all and white Afla's will alway's be slow.

I never had so much fun with any car club before, the friends I have made with the BB and the conventions will never be forgotten and if a convention happens in the Midwest again I will be there forsure!

I'll most likely will have the Alfa for quite sometime and I will alway's be an Alfa guy. I'm just putting it out on the Market along with a bunch of my other toys, everything I own is for sell for the right price.

The price I'm going to list it is $32,000 firm.

Ended up with 169 HP at the wheels:

A ride out in the country:
Velocity, Norseman50 and Nigel Dax like this.

Darkside Member

Last edited by msiert; 07-04-2015 at 02:11 PM.
post #1730 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 09:59 PM

Oh no, you're not selling anything! Nobody is going anyplace! The Death Star isn't even operational! You're staying right here until you've finished all your chores, Murray. Stop making bad choices. You are hereby grounded until forever!

Seriously sad to see the end of an era. This was always one of my favorite builds on here, so If I find an extra 32k laying around anytime soon I will gladly take it off your hands. Best of luck!
post #1731 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 06:43 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Well, since you mentioned it, the 2016 convention is in Nashville. Add it to your calendar now, and I promise to get John M out of his Ferrari and back into his white Alfa. And, I'm working to get Budsy back again...

This may be your last chance to beat up on a couple of white cars, since the 2017 convention will be in Montreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiert View Post
...I never had so much fun with any car club before, the friends I have made with the BB and the conventions will never be forgotten and if a convention happens in the Midwest again I will be there forsure!...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

George Schweikle

1976 Spider (Dedicated Autocrosser, "SPICA, No Carbs")
1991 Spider Veloce (Retirement cruiser)
Scuderia Non Originale
post #1732 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 07:47 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
keep the alfa murray!

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL Premium
post #1733 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 08:23 PM

What model is your '83 Bimmer? I sold my 83 320iS two years ago, apine edition, minty with the anthracite gray interior, non-ac console, etc. I sold my 83 533i last year to a friend. Great Bavarian muscle car

I can only imagine that you have an Alpina or Hartege

Change is good. That's why I've gotten rid of two of my three BMW's, to check out Alfa. Love the spider, and while I wouldn't go buying an 80's Alfa sedan, my spider does exactly what it's supposed to do for me. Make me grin and forget about anything else but what I'm seeing and hearing at the time.

86 spider Veloce
74 TR6
post #1734 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwedge View Post
Oh no, you're not selling anything! Nobody is going anyplace! The Death Star isn't even operational! You're staying right here until you've finished all your chores, Murray. Stop making bad choices. You are hereby grounded until forever!

Seriously sad to see the end of an era. This was always one of my favorite builds on here, so If I find an extra 32k laying around anytime soon I will gladly take it off your hands. Best of luck!
Thanks I like that..."The Death Star"!

I don't know what happen to me? I was just going to do some head work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conedriver View Post
Well, since you mentioned it, the 2016 convention is in Nashville. Add it to your calendar now, and I promise to get John M out of his Ferrari and back into his white Alfa. And, I'm working to get Budsy back again...

This may be your last chance to beat up on a couple of white cars, since the 2017 convention will be in Montreal.
I"ll be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbalfa View Post
keep the alfa murray!
The wife is working on that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John533i View Post
What model is your '83 Bimmer? I sold my 83 320iS two years ago, apine edition, minty with the anthracite gray interior, non-ac console, etc. I sold my 83 533i last year to a friend. Great Bavarian muscle car

I can only imagine that you have an Alpina or Hartege

Change is good. That's why I've gotten rid of two of my three BMW's, to check out Alfa. Love the spider, and while I wouldn't go buying an 80's Alfa sedan, my spider does exactly what it's supposed to do for me. Make me grin and forget about anything else but what I'm seeing and hearing at the time.
It's just a plain old 320i not even an "IS" but it's extremely clean and only had 115,000 miles on it. Bought it for cheap transportation and a spare car to use when one of the driver's went down. Turned out to be a pretty cool car that turns heads and starts conversations everywhere I go.

I had a 1979 528i BMW 35 years ago and always regretted selling it, while the 320i is not a 5 series with a 6 banger and it's added comforts, it's easy to work on and easier on the fuel.

To All....I have not been able to place an ad for the Alfa (The Death Star!), something is holding me back and I am beginning to have 2nd thoughts. I'm sorry for losing my head, I thought I was ready to cash out.

Thank you all for your concern and comments!
radamm likes this.

Darkside Member

Last edited by msiert; 07-09-2015 at 06:35 AM.
post #1735 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 06:51 AM
Gold Subscriber

2nd thoughts are good 2.

Bob,
Avatar is the 68 Super, bought new.

Last edited by Subtle; 07-09-2015 at 06:55 AM.
post #1736 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Thanks I like that..."The Death Star"!

I don't know what happen to me? I was just going to do some head work!

I"ll be there!

The wife is working on that too.

It's just a plain old 320i not even an "IS" but it's extremely clean and only had 115,000 miles on it. Bought it for cheap transportation and a spare car to use when one of the driver's went down. Turned out to be a pretty cool car that turns heads and starts conversations everywhere I go.

I had a 1979 528i BMW 35 years ago and always regretted selling it, while the 320i is not a 5 series with a 6 banger and it's added comforts, it's easy to work on and easier on the fuel.

To All....I have not been able to place an ad for the Alfa (The Death Star!), something is holding me back and I am beginning to have 2nd thoughts. I'm sorry for losing my head, I thought I was ready to cash out.

Thank you all for your concern and comments!
You never regret not selling!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ken Lee
Alfa Dogs #13
Oakville, ON[/FONT]
73 GTV
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #1737 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
[/B][/SIZE]
Why do I feel gutted everytime I think of Murray selling his car?

Glad to hear you are having second thoughts.

I do want to drive that car though

Vin

1991 Spider Veloce - Red on Tan - Rosa Bionda
1987 Spider Quadrifoglio - Red on Grey - Rosa - Sold

Honey, this is the last thing I have to do, then I'm finished. It'll just be a minute.
post #1738 of 1753 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
You established the benchmark for hot street Spiders and raised the bar for those of us who work to make our cars go faster.

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
76 Suzuki GT500
2011 Jaguar XKR

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. - P.J. O'Rourke
post #1739 of 1753 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 07:53 PM

highway #?

Quote:
I'll always be a Darkside Member with black band aids and all and white Afla's will alway's be slow.

I never had so much fun with any car club before, the friends I have made with the BB and the conventions will never be forgotten and if a convention happens in the Midwest again I will be there forsure!

I'll most likely will have the Alfa for quite sometime and I will alway's be an Alfa guy. I'm just putting it out on the Market along with a bunch of my other toys, everything I own is for sell for the right price.

The price I'm going to list it is $32,000 firm.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3yPG8hkBMzc

A ride out in the country:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oCkdF15xu5E
What highway # is this in the video please?
post #1740 of 1753 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 08:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
murray,

did you decide to keep the car?

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL Premium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode