1969 Spider - Bumper Question - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

1969 Spider - Bumper Question

I seem to be missing some of the mounts for my front bumper, both sides. Having never looked at these mounts before, I'm not sure what they should look like. Could someone post a shot of their mounts, either side.
Thanks in advance.
-Brett

1969 Spider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 09:27 AM

ill see if can get you some without the turn signals or grill in the way. cant garauntee if they are correct for a 69 since i havn't compared them.

Dan
69 spider 105.62
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 09:47 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettboyds
I seem to be missing some of the mounts for my front bumper, both sides. Having never looked at these mounts before, I'm not sure what they should look like. Could someone post a shot of their mounts, either side.
Thanks in advance.
-Brett
What to you need? Pics of the back of the bumpers or the mount that's afixed to the car?

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

The top of the upper bumper has some holes to mount it to the piece that I am missing. Does this make sense? I would take a picture myself, but the car is in the shop.
Thanks again.

-Brett

1969 Spider
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:28 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettboyds
The top of the upper bumper has some holes to mount it to the piece that I am missing. Does this make sense? I would take a picture myself, but the car is in the shop.
Thanks again.

-Brett
Here you go! Let us know what's missing.
Attached Images

Brian __________________________________

Last edited by ossodiseppia; 08-14-2006 at 10:39 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the photo! I have the same setup, but nothing is attached to that upper mount. Is there a bracket that runs across the top/back portion of the bumper that mounts to that?

Thanks for all your help.

-Brett

1969 Spider
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 12:44 PM

yes the 69 had a another stainless piece that went between the two halves across the grill. I hope thats what you mean, if so, ill take a pic off and on the car tonight

Dan
69 spider 105.62
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 12:46 PM

like in this pic?
Attached Images

Dan
69 spider 105.62
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Osso, I think that part #7 in the diagram is the piece I am missing. That diagram had not loaded when I posted my previous message. Just to be sure, that part connects to the two small hole in the back of the bumper and then to the long mount on the car. Does that sound right? and if so, where can I get two of those?

Thanks a lot...again.

-Brett

1969 Spider
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Hi Brett,
You can easily fabricate that one. You just need some steel stock about 1/8” thick and an inch wide. Cut the plate, drill two holes to fit the bumper holes and then hold it in place and line up the little tab. If you don't weld, a muffler shop would probably do it for you.

BTW, these bumpers are completely adjustable can be aligned perfectly if you take the time and have patience. Drives me nuts to see otherwise nice Duettos with misaligned bumpers and crooked turn signals.

Mike Macaulay
Seattle

69 Spider
69 GTV
74 GTV
84 Spider Veloce
18 4C Spider
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 05:35 AM

Here are the pictures from my son Dan. He is in class today.
Attached Images

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Cliff...

That is the piece, now it is clear what I need.

Thanks everyone for your help.

1969 Spider

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode