Rubber door stopper - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to ecohen2
Rubber door stopper

Ok, this is another silly question. You know the rubber wedge right below the door latch? Should that be angled so that it presses against the bottom or top part of the metal groove on the body?

My door is started making chirping noises and the piece of rubber does not appear to be pressing against anything. Its just loose..

Thanks,
Ed

1986 Bertone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Nobody knows how you angle this piece of rubber?

1986 Bertone
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 05:39 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecohen2
Nobody knows how you angle this piece of rubber?
There is no adjustment for this part. Maybe it's the door seal. Try a little amour all type stuff on it and see if the noise goes away.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Hmm, If you loosen the two screws the chunk of rubber rotates about 20 degrees, plus it slides back and forth. I just need to know, if it should be pressing on the top of the bottom. My guess is the bottom so it lifts the door slightly off of the latch mechanism.

Ed

1986 Bertone
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:06 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecohen2
Hmm, If you loosen the two screws the chunk of rubber rotates about 20 degrees, plus it slides back and forth. I just need to know, if it should be pressing on the top of the bottom. My guess is the bottom so it lifts the door slightly off of the latch mechanism.

Ed
Sorry, Ed, I guess I am getting old. I don't remember mine having any slop in it.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:03 AM
Gold Subscriber

I agree with Osso. No slop in mine either.

Bob Cess
'59 Giulietta Sprint
'60 Giulietta Berlina
'62 Giulietta Spider
'69 Spider Veloce
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:32 AM

My '67 does have some adjustment/rotation. I would make it just high enough to support the weight of the door, not raise it.

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 08:00 AM

I tightened the srews minimally, so that when I closed the door the rubber would "self align". Then I tightened the rubber block at that position.

There should be small washers which are a tight fit into the rubber. The holes in the rubber are tight to the crews. There is no real "adjustment".

Elio
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 08:59 AM

Took some pics of my '67 door wedge mounts. Maybe the later cars don't have this or they have been painted over so much that they don't show.
the captive plate moves to allow aligning the wedge with it's guide.
Attached Images

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 09:57 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcess
I agree with Osso. No slop in mine either.
You probably shouldn't. You'll develop a bad reputation, like me. I ran downstairs and snapped a pic of my spare door. It is disappointing to learn I was wrong. :-( Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!
Attached Images

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:05 AM

If you consider "the guy who does it right" a bad reputation, then I want that rap too! ;^) I generally precede my comments with ' I think' or 'I believe' to cover myself!

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:17 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101/105guy
If you consider "the guy who does it right" a bad reputation, then I want that rap too! ;^) I generally precede my comments with ' I think' or 'I believe' to cover myself!
I work for a rather large corporation and I should know that! It's really the only way to cover your hinnie.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode